Prospective Hygienist + Side Quest!

Watch
Dentaldreams
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Beginning of a new year and I intend to make it a good one!

I’ve always wanted to make a blog but I’m a huge procrastinator! However I want a place where I can reflect on what I’m doing, I do of course keep a diary, and journal (I write a lot) but as I’m on tsr quite a lot anyway, I was thinking why not let my inner blogger out? I have no idea how, but I’m good at winging stuff 🙃

So I’m guessing I should give some background, I’m a dental nurse, I’ve been doing it for nearly three years. I really enjoy my job, but along the way my interest really began to grow, I wanted to do more! All goes down to meeting the best hygienist ever! She’s done her job for 38 years and she still loves every minute of it (most of the time anyway😅)

I applied for Dental Hygiene last year because it’s something I can see myself doing for a lifetime!
Unfortunately though I got rejected from all three universities I applied to last year, BUT this year will be different!!
I’m self studying an A-level (biology) and I’ll be starting a Level 4 dental nursing course this month too!

I recently came across the law of attraction; like attracts like, commonly know as “the secret”
At first I was a little apprehensive about this whole concept, if this was real then why didn’t everybody succeed? Later I realised, we always focus on what we don’t want, rather than what we do (some of us anyway). So after this a lot began to make sense, I didn’t really believe in myself, I was more fearful than hopeful.
I understand now, but the difficult part is putting these positive thoughts into action.

Naturally the Covid-19 pandemic has made everyone a little pessimistic, but I refuse to let the negative excuses hold me back any longer.

This year I’m applying once again, but I truly feel like this is the year! I don’t mean to sound big headed but I reallyyyy want this🙈

I recently told a friend “believe it to achieve it” ~my motto for the year✨

-It’s 6am I’m delirious from the lack of sleep, even if there’s no else who can relate, maybe reading parts of this may help someone to avoid the mistakes I made or whatever really! I’m just doing this to see my growth.. 🤞

Edit: feel free to write about your goals and achievements here as we go through 2022, navigating our way to success!
Spoiler:
Show
I can tag you in the OP if you want to be a part of this

Part of the Quest:
ukii
Last edited by Dentaldreams; 2 weeks ago
Cote1
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
Good luck with achieving your dream.
Dentaldreams
Rep:
(Original post by Cote1)
Good luck with achieving your dream.
Thank you! 😊
Dentaldreams
Rep:
Name:  BDDE0BE0-43E3-4CC8-BEA5-663D0D7C414F.png
Views: 20
Size:  250.3 KB
Just to make Monday’s better… memes🌚
ukii
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Dentaldreams)
Beginning of a new year and I intend to make it a good one!

I’ve always wanted to make a blog but I’m a huge procrastinator! However I want a place where I can reflect on what I’m doing, I do of course keep a diary, and journal (I write a lot) but as I’m on tsr quite a lot anyway, I was thinking why not let my inner blogger out? I have no idea how, but I’m good at winging stuff 🙃

So I’m guessing I should give some background, I’m a dental nurse, I’ve been doing it for nearly three years. I really enjoy my job, but along the way my interest really began to grow, I wanted to do more! All goes down to meeting the best hygienist ever! She’s done her job for 38 years and she still loves every minute of it (most of the time anyway😅)

I applied for Dental Hygiene last year because it’s something I can see myself doing for a lifetime!
Unfortunately though I got rejected from all three universities I applied to last year, BUT this year will be different!!
I’m self studying an A-level (biology) and I’ll be starting a Level 4 dental nursing course this month too!

I recently came across the law of attraction; like attracts like, commonly know as “the secret”
At first I was a little apprehensive about this whole concept, if this was real then why didn’t everybody succeed? Later I realised, we always focus on what we don’t want, rather than what we do (some of us anyway). So after this a lot began to make sense, I didn’t really believe in myself, I was more fearful than hopeful.
I understand now, but the difficult part is putting these positive thoughts into action.

Naturally the Covid-19 pandemic has made everyone a little pessimistic, but I refuse to let the negative excuses hold me back any longer.

This year I’m applying once again, but I truly feel like this is the year! I don’t mean to sound big headed but I reallyyyy want this🙈

I recently told a friend “believe it to achieve it” ~my motto for the year✨

-It’s 6am I’m delirious from the lack of sleep, even if there’s no else who can relate, maybe reading parts of this may help someone to avoid the mistakes I made or whatever really! I’m just doing this to see my growth.. 🤞
PRSOM - Many times over :blow:

Please Update your journey here, this sounds very exciting, its like episode one of a new series.

Spoiler:
Show
I might add my own side-quest here, if you wish

I definitely agree with what you said ~ we say to ourselves that "we don't want to fail" , when we should say, "we want to succeed" and do the best that we can possibly do.

Being positive and motivated is the best way to start, discipline must keep you going because hard work pays off. It always does :bandit:

Good luck, we're with you all the way
Dentaldreams
Rep:
(Original post by ukii)
PRSOM - Many times over :blow:

Please Update your journey here, this sounds very exciting, its like episode one of a new series.

Spoiler:
Show
I might add my own side-quest here, if you wish

I definitely agree with what you said ~ we say to ourselves that "we don't want to fail" , when we should say, "we want to succeed" and do the best that we can possibly do.

Being positive and motivated is the best way to start, discipline must keep you going because hard work pays off. It always does :bandit:

Good luck, we're with you all the way
I really want to go through every step of the way!
Season one: The journey:rolleyes:

Spoiler:
Show
Season two: University!!🤞

Spoiler:
Show
Also please chime in with your quest too!!
It'll be more exciting!
Spoiler:
Show
do you know how to change thread titles? I can’t seem to figure it out

Exactly, we need to start saying “when I pass I will…” rather then “if I fail then…”

Failure shouldn’t be an option we consider.

I agree with you, hard work will always pay off!

Thank youuu we’ll be here for eachother!!
ukii
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I really want to go through every step of the way!
Season one: The journey:rolleyes:

Spoiler:
Show
Season two: University!!🤞

Spoiler:
Show
Also please chime in with your quest too!!
It'll be more exciting!
Spoiler:
Show
do you know how to change thread titles? I can’t seem to figure it out

Exactly, we need to start saying “when I pass I will…” rather then “if I fail then…”

Failure shouldn’t be an option we consider.

I agree with you, hard work will always pay off!

Thank youuu we’ll be here for eachother!!
Ooh when's the premiere :fisheye:
Spoiler:
Show
Can't wait
Spoiler:
Show
Will do I'll just follow your lead and then have some updates, every so often

Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Ooh, you'll have to tag one of the mods, i suppose to do it for you :confused: I'll give it a go in a moment

that's the way to go!

:five:
ukii
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Obolinda are you able to help my friend change her blog title, or does a new one have to be made?

Thank you :hat2:
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ukii)
Obolinda are you able to help my friend change her blog title, or does a new one have to be made?

Thank you :hat2:
hey sorry, I'm not a forum helper in entertainment. the team in entertainment are at the bottom of the page

OP can edit their opening post which should have the option to change the thread title.
Dentaldreams
Rep:
(Original post by ukii)
Ooh when's the premiere :fisheye:
Spoiler:
Show
Can't wait
Spoiler:
Show
Will do I'll just follow your lead and then have some updates, every so often

Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Ooh, you'll have to tag one of the mods, i suppose to do it for you :confused: I'll give it a go in a moment

that's the way to go!

:five:
Keep an eye out

Spoiler:
Show
Cool! We can thread-share
Spoiler:
Show
if that’s not a thing already, we just made it a thing!:shakehand:
Spoiler:
Show
©

Spoiler:
Show
Thanks for tagging the mod, I’ve figured it out now!
Spoiler:
Show
can you suggest a mutual thread name?:groovy:

Let’s do this :five:
Dentaldreams
Rep:
(Original post by Obolinda)
hey sorry, I'm not a forum helper in entertainment. the team in entertainment are at the bottom of the page

OP can edit their opening post which should have the option to change the thread title.
Thanks for your help, I’ve tried to edit and I found the option
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Name:  BDDE0BE0-43E3-4CC8-BEA5-663D0D7C414F.png
Views: 20
Size:  250.3 KB
Just to make Monday’s better… memes🌚
I approve this message.
Last edited by hungrysalamander; 2 weeks ago
Dentaldreams
Rep:
(Original post by hungrysalamander)
I approve this message.
Always great to have the approval of a (future) dentist
Dentaldreams
Rep:
First day back after the holidays..
Name:  C144A61C-F338-49EF-8E4A-F5BF1168040B.jpeg
Views: 12
Size:  144.4 KB
Dentaldreams
Rep:
Expect great things and you will create your life in advance
ukii
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
First day back after the holidays..
Name:  C144A61C-F338-49EF-8E4A-F5BF1168040B.jpeg
Views: 12
Size:  144.4 KB
Spider-Man: No One Shows
ukii
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Expect great things and you will create your life in advance
Hello, how are you this fine morning
Dentaldreams
Rep:
(Original post by ukii)
Spider-Man: No One Shows
PRSOM
I’d totally watch that:cookie:
Dentaldreams
Rep:
(Original post by ukii)
Hello, how are you this fine morning
Hi, I’m good thank you! How’re you?
ukii
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
PRSOM
I’d totally watch that:cookie:
Also PRSOM

Hi, I’m good thank you! How’re you?
Good also. However didn't wake up my usual 5 am, because i slept at 2, so bit annoyed at that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (63)
12.48%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.78%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (131)
25.94%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (43)
8.51%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (242)
47.92%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (17)
3.37%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed