Is anyone going for MA Illustration this September? (2022 intake - All Unis)

Watch
madygh13
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hey everyone! Looking for fellow illustrators who will be applying for the September 2022 intake.
Let's chat!

Got an offer from UCA and now waiting for Kingston. Also considering other options before finalizing my offer.
Last edited by madygh13; 2 weeks ago
madygh13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Bump 🙂
eoguz
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by madygh13)
Hey everyone! Looking for fellow illustrators who will be applying for the September 2022 intake.
Let's chat!

Got an offer from UCA and now waiting for Kingston. Also considering other options before finalizing my offer.
Hey! I got an offer from Kingston (Im studying BA there, so I probs got an earlier offer), and I might go there depending on what other uni offers a place.

Idk about UCA but some of the tutors in Kingston MA illustration are also in third year for my BA and they are very nice.
madygh13
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by eoguz)
Hey! I got an offer from Kingston (Im studying BA there, so I probs got an earlier offer), and I might go there depending on what other uni offers a place.

Idk about UCA but some of the tutors in Kingston MA illustration are also in third year for my BA and they are very nice.
Wohoo! Congrats eoguz.

That sounds pretty cool. Its nice to know the tutors and then continue your MA there. I still havent heard from Kingston so hope its an unconditional offer
When you did your BA, did you use all the facilities? Was it always accessible?

Which unis are you considering btw? I am looking for an MFA too so I am also applying to Sheffield Hallam, York St John and Manchester Met for the MFA.
I also am considering Nottingham Trent, Leeds art uni, Falmouth and Arts Uni Bournemouth.

Tbh I want to do research and get into teaching so I am looking for a nice, research focused uni.

Whats your focus on?
eoguz
Rep:
Report 4 days ago
Hey again, They are usually quite accesible, you need to have inductions for majority of the facilities but afterwards you just book and go. Obviously cuz of the pandemic i couldn’t access lots of facilities but now it’s quite easy as all the art facilities is in one building (Knights Park campus) I applied for Anglia Ruskin, RCA and UAL so it’s probably gonna be a selection between Anglia Ruskin and Kingston cuz I doubt the other two would give an offer 😬 and idk about my focus honestly
madygh13
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
(Original post by eoguz)
Hey again, They are usually quite accesible, you need to have inductions for majority of the facilities but afterwards you just book and go. Obviously cuz of the pandemic i couldn’t access lots of facilities but now it’s quite easy as all the art facilities is in one building (Knights Park campus) I applied for Anglia Ruskin, RCA and UAL so it’s probably gonna be a selection between Anglia Ruskin and Kingston cuz I doubt the other two would give an offer 😬 and idk about my focus honestly
Ah, yeah, glad that facilities are accessible. My undergrad had this problem where it was always deserted and the technician never replied.
Awesome! Lol I gave up on RCA and UAL because their requirements and fees are way too high. Wait, I am applying for ARU too 😊 Is it for the children's book illustration or just illustration?

I am trying to get a proposal ready and then apply 🙄
eoguz
Rep:
Report 1 day ago
Ah ye that’s a bummer but staff in Kingston is attentive. Due to reopening from lockdown there are still some minor mix ups that happen but I guess that will be figured before next year And yea that’s fair RCA and UAL can be unnecessary stress.And I’m applying for illustration only, lots of luck with your application!
madygh13
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
(Original post by eoguz)
Ah ye that’s a bummer but staff in Kingston is attentive. Due to reopening from lockdown there are still some minor mix ups that happen but I guess that will be figured before next year And yea that’s fair RCA and UAL can be unnecessary stress.And I’m applying for illustration only, lots of luck with your application!
Perfect! Hope kingston replies soon 🤞

All the very best to you too!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.24%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.67%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (141)
26.16%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.16%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (261)
48.42%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.34%

Watched Threads