personal statement : would help alott!

Watch this thread
sandrynaalivia
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
anyone mind sharing their personal statements that had got them into their dream school (preferebly bio/biomedsci)? It'd help so much! (i am an international student and is still learning what unis want to see on it). If you are not comfortable with publishing it online, do pm/i'll send u my email!! <3. and if you are not comfortable at all, give me ur tips/tricks/advice because again it'd help SOO MUCH! thankyou!!
Jonathanツ
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
Try this website:

https://www.studential.com/personal-statement-examples
booklover1313
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by sandrynaalivia)
anyone mind sharing their personal statements that had got them into their dream school (preferebly bio/biomedsci)? It'd help so much! (i am an international student and is still learning what unis want to see on it). If you are not comfortable with publishing it online, do pm/i'll send u my email!! <3. and if you are not comfortable at all, give me ur tips/tricks/advice because again it'd help SOO MUCH! thankyou!!
The most important thing to remember for UK unis is that they are looking for evidence of your dedication to and interest in your chosen subject. You need to write about your supercurricular activities, like books/lectures/essay competitions/summer schools.
It is also good to write about something that interested you, and how you independently researched it further.
University of Huddersfield Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by sandrynaalivia)
Hi sandrynaalivia

Hope you had a lovely Christmas

Don't be tempted to buy or copy a personal statement, or share yours. All personal statements are checked for similarity – if your personal statement is flagged as similar to other applicants, it could affect your chances of being offered a place. It can be tempting to Google ‘personal statement’ and take your pick. But, be warned. Ucas has resources including a Similarity Detection Service which will identify any plagiarised statements from the extensive library of archived statements. That being said, here is some advice that may help you when writing yours -

Swot up

Before you even start writing, you need to have your motives for applying clear in your mind. Don’t rush your research.

Take the time to review uni websites, prospectuses and online student guides, as well as attending open days and checking out our university guides.

Make sure you read the detail of each course and what it has to offer. Just because they have the same name, they will still have varying requirements.

Keep your options open
Remember, it’s not wise to show a personal preference to one particular university, even if you have a favourite.

Don’t be like the rest of them
Don't be afraid to let your personality shine through. Be sure your statement is a true reflection of you; this will give it a more authentic feel.

Remember this is your personal statement, not that of your parents or anyone else, so write from the heart about why you like your subject, and why it’s important for you to study it.

Be a pro
Treat your personal statement like a job application, to get yourself in the right mind-set.

Your statement is a “professional application and a chance to demonstrate your written skills and passion for what you want to study so it’s imperative that you communicate clearly and professionally.

Hope this helps

~ Leanne, 2nd year Midwifery student
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Sociology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (24)
23.76%
The paper was reasonable (45)
44.55%
Not feeling great about that exam... (22)
21.78%
It was TERRIBLE (10)
9.9%

Watched Threads