High Hopes and Kaleidoscopes- A Study Blog

Watch
thrivingfrog
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
High Hopes & Kaleidoscopes

Hello and welcome to my 2022 blog!
For those of you who don't know me (the majority of TSR I presume), here is some info about me:

Spoiler:
Show
I'm 16, a female and a Christian.
I have a cat who happens to be staring at me as I type this rn.
I play guitar, piano and sing.
I have recently taken up weightlifting
I am in year 11 and will be doing my GCSEs this year :/

My GCSEs are as follows:
Spoiler:
Show
English language (AQA)
English literature (AQA)
Maths (Edexcel higher)
RS (Edexcel B)
Triple science (AQA, higher)
History (Edexcel)
Music (Eduqas)
Art (AQA)

For A-Levels I hope to take:
Spoiler:
Show
Biology
Maths
Psychology
(All AQA)

My goals for 2022:
Spoiler:
Show
Good mental and physical health
Improve academically (especially in physics)
Achieve grades I'm happy with in my GCSEs (preferably all 7s and above)
Live for myself and don't take other people's bull

My aim for this blog is for it to be a study blog, to force me to be productive so I can get good GCSE grades, and on that note I need to go and do some music theory revision...

Tags:
Spoiler:
Show
Let me know if you wanna be added/removed
viktorismyplant hxnnxh_13.11.06 AestheticStudying Wise Goldie Kathrine1
Last edited by thrivingfrog; 3 weeks ago
hxnnxh_13.11.06
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
Nice blog!! Which grade on theory are you working on?
summerbirdreads
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Good luck!! only 3 A-levels? :eek: I approve!!

Spoiler:
Show
context: many year 11s here are so arrogant and thinks taking 50 A-levels is so easy.. they piss me off!
thrivingfrog
Rep:
(Original post by hxnnxh_13.11.06)
Nice blog!! Which grade on theory are you working on?
5.... kill me now :lol: and also doing my gcse shtuffs on baroque and all that useless stuff

(Original post by summerbirdreads)
Good luck!! only 3 A-levels? :eek: I approve!!

Spoiler:
Show
context: many year 11s here are so arrogant and thinks taking 50 A-levels is so easy.. they piss me off!
Ty ty
Honestly, one of my friends irl want to do 5 and it's like.... girl no that's just not going to happen
Btw do you wanna be tagged? Feel free to say no lmao
hxnnxh_13.11.06
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by thrivingfrog)
5.... kill me now :lol: and also doing my gcse shtuffs on baroque and all that useless stuff
Oh right lovely :lol: pm if you need any help

Ughhhh I DONT understand why we need to know how old a composer was when they died like ughhhhhhhhh
summerbirdreads
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago

Ty ty
Honestly, one of my friends irl want to do 5 and it's like.... girl no that's just not going to happen
Btw do you wanna be tagged? Feel free to say no lmao
Sure! tag me.
Tell your friend good luck :rofl:.. send her to TSR.
summerbirdreads
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Ughhhh I DONT understand why we need to know how old a composer was when they died like ughhhhhhhhh
Wut? how's that relevant to like anything?
hxnnxh_13.11.06
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Wut? how's that relevant to like anything?
I KNOW RIGHT. It's literally an essential part of music GCSE and it makes up like 20% of the grade
summerbirdreads
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
I KNOW RIGHT. It's literally an essential part of music GCSE and it makes up like 20% of the grade
I'd like to hear the examiners tell me how the f that is relevant.. ew.
thrivingfrog
Rep:
Oh right lovely :lol: pm if you need any help

Like I'm sorry when is anyone ever going to ask me how old Bach was when he died. They're not. And if I have to read the word 'harpsichord' one more time-

Sure! tag me.
Tell your friend good luck :rofl:.. send her to TSR.
She'll need it :lol: wants to be a doctor but somehow that means she has to take A-Level Geography too?
thrivingfrog
Rep:
Wait your theory section is only 20%? Mine is 40
hxnnxh_13.11.06
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
I'd like to hear the examiners tell me how the f that is relevant.. ew.
Bahahaha I'd like to know too, and I want to know why a word being 'melismatic' has anything to do with anything
hxnnxh_13.11.06
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Like I'm sorry when is anyone ever going to ask me how old Bach was when he died. They're not. And if I have to read the word 'harpsichord' one more time-
DONT SAY THE H WORD I-

Alwayssss in Baroque and along with 'bass viol'. and everything in vocals is 'syllabic' and 'melismatic' ITS A GOOD SONG WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT TO WANT TO KNOW-
summerbirdreads
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago

She'll need it :lol: wants to be a doctor but somehow that means she has to take A-Level Geography too?
Lol.. she only needs 3 for med school.. 4 is good for Cam ig.. how does she think she'll manage 5 A-levels with UCAT/BMAT prep and work experience and all that?
hxnnxh_13.11.06
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Wait your theory section is only 20%? Mine is 40
My theory is 45 I think but background knowledge is 20
summerbirdreads
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Bahahaha I'd like to know too, and I want to know why a word being 'melismatic' has anything to do with anything
Excuse me while I google what that means
thrivingfrog
Rep:
DONT SAY THE H WORD I-

Alwayssss in Baroque and along with 'bass viol'. and everything in vocals is 'syllabic' and 'melismatic' ITS A GOOD SONG WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT TO WANT TO KNOW-
HARPSICHORD

Going to be v happy when I finish gcses so I never have to write that word again-

I'm sure everything has a different name for baroque aswell. Like can they not just say violin and get over it?
hxnnxh_13.11.06
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Excuse me while I google what that means
Lmao it's the most useless thing :cry:
thrivingfrog
Rep:
Lol.. she only needs 3 for med school.. 4 is good for Cam ig.. how does she think she'll manage 5 A-levels with UCAT/BMAT prep and work experience and all that?
Thing is she hardly even manages gcses- no clue how she thinks she's gonna be able to do half of the options ever created
hxnnxh_13.11.06
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
HARPSICHORD

Going to be v happy when I finish gcses so I never have to write that word again-

I'm sure everything has a different name for baroque aswell. Like can they not just say violin and get over it?
NOOOO :cry:

Ughh lucky I'll write it through A levels and into uni if I get in :cry:

Exactlyyyy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (16)
6.96%
October 2021 (112)
48.7%
November 2021 (23)
10%
December 2021 (31)
13.48%
January 2021 (20)
8.7%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (22)
9.57%