The Student Room Group

bullying in university

does bullying stop in university?
Bullying stops when you stand up for yourself or report them. I would say if you stand up for yourself, teachers usually don’t do anything strict enough when it comes to bullying. However, I think university would take it more seriously since your meant to all act grown up
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Bullying stops when you stand up for yourself or report them. I would say if you stand up for yourself, teachers usually don’t do anything strict enough when it comes to bullying. However, I think university would take it more seriously since your meant to all act grown up

bullying stops when i stand up for my self.. great. Another 4 years of sadness
bullying stops when i stand up for my self.. great. Another 4 years of sadness

Ok, if you don’t want to do that then report them, but I think it’s important that your brave to make them stop.
Bullying doesn’t really happen in the same way it does in school. Lots of people don’t get along but you just don’t hang around them, manage the situations.

Your free to form whatever social circle & lifestyle you want and uni is big enough that generally you can just not deal with people if you don’t want to.
Most people at uni are mature enough/have better things to do than bullying.
Reply 6
Original post by hungrysalamander
Most people at uni are mature enough/have better things to do than bullying.

that sounds really nice. i hope im surrounded by mature people who dont bully
Reply 7
Ok, if you don’t want to do that then report them, but I think it’s important that your brave to make them stop.

or i could just drop out when it happens?
in school ur shoved together everyday with the same people in the same classes, in uni its a lot bigger so you dont tend to run into the same people unless they're ur friends, and if they're bullying you, you can just distance yourself from them. worst case scenario, one or more of your flatmates are bullying you, best thing to do then is to try and get the uni to put you in different accommodation
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending