Is there a catalogue of all the UCAS codes?

Watch
oddsocks15
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Is there a website that has a list off all the UCAS codes?

E.g.
A100 - Medicine
G400 - Computer Science
M100 - Law
C800 - Psychology
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
I dont think so, also i think this is impossible as only some courses have the same codes, cuz codes also differ uni to uni.
oddsocks15
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by 3908)
I dont think so, also i think this is impossible as only some courses have the same codes, cuz codes also differ uni to uni.
I don't think codes differ uni to uni.

Maths at Oxford, Loughborough, Warwick and Birmingham are all G100.
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by oddsocks15)
I don't think codes differ uni to uni.

Maths at Oxford, Loughborough, Warwick and Birmingham are all G100.
Geography is L702 at LSE, but L700 in Oxford, F800 in UEA, F801 in Bangor and edge hill,

Biomed is BC99 at KCL, BC98 at Oxford, B900 at Warwick, B940 at Manchester, B990 at QMUL and UCL, B940 at Brighton, B102 at Bangor.

However I do believe most courses have the same if not similar codes
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
The codes differ between universities depending on when the courses were created and the other codes already in use.

Up until about 2011 ucas used JACS as the underlying logic for coding courses https://www.hesa.ac.uk/support/docum...jacs2-detailed
From 2012 hesa moved on to JACS 3.0 and ucas moved away from any logic at all and just either coded courses completely randomly or (more recently) allowed universities to assign whichever codes they felt like.
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Why do you want to know this?
UCAS Search will give you the appropriate course codes for each Uni.
booklover1313
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by oddsocks15)
Is there a website that has a list off all the UCAS codes?

E.g.
A100 - Medicine
G400 - Computer Science
M100 - Law
C800 - Psychology
The individual course pages on uni websites list the course codes, so you can find the specific ones you are looking for.
oddsocks15
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by 3908)
Geography is L702 at LSE, but L700 in Oxford, F800 in UEA, F801 in Bangor and edge hill,

Biomed is BC99 at KCL, BC98 at Oxford, B900 at Warwick, B940 at Manchester, B990 at QMUL and UCL, B940 at Brighton, B102 at Bangor.

However I do believe most courses have the same if not similar codes
Ok, thank you for your help.
oddsocks15
Rep:
(Original post by PQ)
The codes differ between universities depending on when the courses were created and the other codes already in use.

Up until about 2011 ucas used JACS as the underlying logic for coding courses https://www.hesa.ac.uk/support/docum...jacs2-detailed
From 2012 hesa moved on to JACS 3.0 and ucas moved away from any logic at all and just either coded courses completely randomly or (more recently) allowed universities to assign whichever codes they felt like.
Thank you for the link that's exactly what I was looking for.
oddsocks15
Rep:
(Original post by McGinger)
Why do you want to know this?
UCAS Search will give you the appropriate course codes for each Uni.
I just wanted a full list just to see if there were any courses that I'd never heard of that might be interesting to me.
oddsocks15
Rep:
(Original post by booklover1313)
The individual course pages on uni websites list the course codes, so you can find the specific ones you are looking for.
Thank you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (39)
23.08%
Note taking apps (5)
2.96%
Flashcards (29)
17.16%
Revision guides (5)
2.96%
Past papers (85)
50.3%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (6)
3.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed