IAL/GCSE Exams getting cancelled!

Watch this thread
mehrabhossain
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
What is the actual possibility of exams getting cancelled this January 2022 session, concerning the fact that the situation is getting worse day by day?
dreamer_ms
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by mehrabhossain)
What is the actual possibility of exams getting cancelled this January 2022 session, concerning the fact that the situation is getting worse day by day?
Hello!
I am not quite sure myself, however, I am due to sit an IAL exam on January 10th and have not received any news about it being cancelled (at least where I'm from). It seems to me that the likelihood of January exams happening is higher than that of May/June 2022 exams. This is solely based on videos I watched regarding the summer 2022 exams. They stated that exams will still go on until further notice (hence sitting mocks this year).
I hope this helped
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Any Jan exams being cancelled this late is exceedingly unlikely.
IC_17
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by McGinger)
Any Jan exams being cancelled this late is exceedingly unlikely.
Last year January 2021 exams were quite literally called off last minute.
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by IC_17)
Then Gavin Williamson was 'in charge', the Tories were panicking.
This time they will do anything to keep schools open and keep on-track.
IC_17
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by McGinger)
Then Gavin Williamson was 'in charge', the Tories were panicking.
This time they will do anything to keep schools open and keep on-track.
I think it depends on the exam boards whether or not exams will be on. Especially with cases steadily rising as well as the predicted high pupil and student absences. The question will be whether or not the exams should be taking place due to a high number of absences as students will 100% catch covid during term time and the exams being almost straight after the 6th of jan after NY and xmas
dreamer_ms
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by IC_17)
I'm not sure if this was the case for all countries though. Last year I sat some of my IAS exams in Jan...
justlearning1469
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by dreamer_ms)
Hello!
I am not quite sure myself, however, I am due to sit an IAL exam on January 10th and have not received any news about it being cancelled (at least where I'm from). It seems to me that the likelihood of January exams happening is higher than that of May/June 2022 exams. This is solely based on videos I watched regarding the summer 2022 exams. They stated that exams will still go on until further notice (hence sitting mocks this year).
I hope this helped
That is good.

Especially for private candidates who don't really have references or that.

And if you go the insane route and attempt 3 A-levels 2 years early to get into a prestigious University, when even Einstein failed at that...
dreamer_ms
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by justlearning1469)
That is good.

Especially for private candidates who don't really have references or that.

And if you go the insane route and attempt 3 A-levels 2 years early to get into a prestigious University, when even Einstein failed at that...
I think it's good too! Although sitting three high-intensity exams before knowing whether or not we'll sit the real thing or not has its positives and negatives...
It's funny you mention private candidates- as I am one myself. Hence I decided to sit one of my A-Levels now and the rest later (hoping that they won't be cancelled).
Hahah!! To the creator of this thread: We suggest that you don't go down the insane route lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (55)
26.96%
As I expected (66)
32.35%
Harder (75)
36.76%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.92%

Watched Threads