The Student Room Group

What can happen if you get caught using a friends ID to get into a club...?

So i really want to go out tonight for halloween...but i'm not 18 til Sunday! GR! But my friend said she would lend me her ID..bad idea?

Scroll to see replies

Up to her really, if they don't accept it they'll just take the ID away that's it. Her loss, not yours.
Reply 2
Do you look vaguely like her? I've gotten in on friends' IDs before and no-one noticed. I assume they would just hand it back and refuse entry.
My friend uses another friends ID and they look NOTHING like each other, but he gets away with every time somehow.
Reply 4
You'll be fine, worse case scenario you get turned away (I really don't think they'd confiscate it)

I've been told that i'm not the person on my ID before but then upon knowing my address was let in.
Reply 5
Happened with a couple of my friends - bouncer recognised the guy who's ID it was was already in the club, he was hauled out. He got the ID taken off him and got into trouble, not the one who used the ID. I wouldn't try it.
Reply 6
Personally I wouldn't because I don't think it's worth the risk, but I know loads of people who have done it without problems.
my friends have had their licenses/passports/other Id taken away and given to the police before, but i think that's unusual.
Reply 8
They say 'go away'. Might take it off you.
Reply 9
The worst they could do is confiscate it. And i personally wouldn't let them do that - you just have to grab it back quick.

Make sure you know their DOB/address/signature (yeah, i got asked to do that once.. i just blagged it..) and they'll let you in :smile:
Reply 10
Someone I know used her sister's ID (which was a passport) and they took it away
It's not a very good idea unless you regularly get mistaken for the person whose ID it is you're using. Depending on the bouncers, some might just refuse entry whilst others will confiscate your mate's ID. I don't think they involve the police, but it wouldn't surprise me. :s-smilie:
Reply 12
I dont really look like her, but the photo would have been taken 2 years ago and i'm going to be wearing fancy dress and stuff for halloween so I wouldn't really look like my ID anyway?
Reply 13
Do it, you only live once.

Worst case; they take the ID from you.
Middle case; they ask you questions from it you cant answer and they refuse entry.
Best case; you're a girl, girls get away with this all the time. They let you in.
becky.fm
The worst they could do is confiscate it. And i personally wouldn't let them do that - you just have to grab it back quick.

Make sure you know their DOB/address/signature (yeah, i got asked to do that once.. i just blagged it..) and they'll let you in :smile:

Ha exactly. I saw someone once, get told to leave and they snatched the ID back, screamed rape and ran in the opposite direction. I personally think they were slightly deranged but it was great to watch
Reply 15
This is slightly off-topic. But i know a guy, and he's 13, and he dressed up as one of the 118 men, and because of the big wig, he didn't get asked for ID. And this was in the biggest club in B'pool.
Reply 16
becky.fm
This is slightly off-topic. But i know a guy, and he's 13, and he dressed up as one of the 118 men, and because of the big wig, he didn't get asked for ID. And this was in the biggest club in B'pool.

Woaah, in Liverpool fancy dress means that you're more likely to be asked for ID!
Usually means you'll be barred for about a year. Sometimes if you're in a town you'll get barred from all the clubs in that small area whether you're 18 or not.

That just happened to my friend, she was banned from 4 clubs for using a friend's ID in one of them.
Reply 18
allthetime
Usually means you'll be barred for about a year. Sometimes if you're in a town you'll get barred from all the clubs in that small area whether you're 18 or not.

That just happened to my friend, she was banned from 4 clubs for using a friend's ID in one of them.

Seriously?? I really don't want that...specially as i'll be 18 soon..:eek:
Reply 19
Samtooth
Do it, you only live once.

Worst case; they take the ID from you.
Middle case; they ask you questions from it you cant answer and they refuse entry.
Best case; you're a girl, girls get away with this all the time. They let you in.

Worst case- Your friends ID gets confiscated and the police get involved, go round to her house, find that shes a drug dealer, she runs then kills you because she blames you.

Quick Reply

Latest