The Student Room Group

a rash from period pads??

hii. i had this pain in my vagina during my period whenever i sat down but that is gone now. anyway, i don't know how to use a tampon so i always wear pads. the other day, i went on a 30min jog whilst wearing a thick pad, and the next day, i noticed that my vagina was sore and a little bit of the inside of my bum was sore too. (this is kind of the first time that i wore those thick pads for the whole of my period) i am 15 years old and i have NOT had sex btw. i did tell my mom about this and she said that it was because i jogged for 30mins, did some dance too in a thick pad, so it caused fricton making me feel sore and itchy.
once this soreness started getting better, i started 'touching myself' to see where the itchiness was. the next day, i started to feel the soreness again, right after it was better.

i don't feel the soreness 24/7, but i have noticed that i mainly feel it when i think about it and when i have nothing to do (so then i think about it). when i'm occupied, it doesn't really happen. it's not excruciating pain at all, but because i have health anxiety, it just makes me scared.

so yeag, i just wanted to see if anyone else has ever had a rash from wearing pads?

my periods do last like 4 days and i do have to wear pads 24/7, and this was the first time i wore those thick pads.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
also, i sleep perfectly fine at night, it has never one interrupted my sleep
Agree with your mum, it is more than likely just chafing
Reply 3
Original post by black tea

okay! thank you for confirming x
Reply 4

just wanted to ask, do you know how long it will last for??
it hurts/itches sometimes when i walk
Original post by Anonymous
just wanted to ask, do you know how long it will last for??
it hurts/itches sometimes when i walk

Probably just a few days. Make sure to keep the area clean and dry, wear cotton underwear, and if you can get hold of some, nappy rash cream may help.
Reply 6
Probably just a few days. Make sure to keep the area clean and dry, wear cotton underwear, and if you can get hold of some, nappy rash cream may help.

okay, thank you. i've just been worried abt this because i overthink a lot. thanks so much <3
okay, thank you. i've just been worried abt this because i overthink a lot. thanks so much <3

No worries. Hope it settles down soon.
hii. i had this pain in my vagina during my period whenever i sat down but that is gone now. anyway, i don't know how to use a tampon so i always wear pads. the other day, i went on a 30min jog whilst wearing a thick pad, and the next day, i noticed that my vagina was sore and a little bit of the inside of my bum was sore too. (this is kind of the first time that i wore those thick pads for the whole of my period) i am 15 years old and i have NOT had sex btw. i did tell my mom about this and she said that it was because i jogged for 30mins, did some dance too in a thick pad, so it caused fricton making me feel sore and itchy.
once this soreness started getting better, i started 'touching myself' to see where the itchiness was. the next day, i started to feel the soreness again, right after it was better.

i don't feel the soreness 24/7, but i have noticed that i mainly feel it when i think about it and when i have nothing to do (so then i think about it). when i'm occupied, it doesn't really happen. it's not excruciating pain at all, but because i have health anxiety, it just makes me scared.

so yeag, i just wanted to see if anyone else has ever had a rash from wearing pads?

my periods do last like 4 days and i do have to wear pads 24/7, and this was the first time i wore those thick pads.

Just buy or get your mum to get a small tub of Sudecreme ( nappy rash cream) and apply it few times a day and when going to bed as well.
It should heal up within few days or so.

Sounds like a rash like your mum said about it rubbing against skin when running or walking.
You not walking about in bed so hence you are fine then.

Running/jogging with thick pads on don't usually mix like.
Reply 9
Original post by Tracey_W
Just buy or get your mum to get a small tub of Sudecreme ( nappy rash cream) and apply it few times a day and when going to bed as well.
It should heal up within few days or so.

Sounds like a rash like your mum said about it rubbing against skin when running or walking.
You not walking about in bed so hence you are fine then.

Running/jogging with thick pads on don't usually mix like.

okay. i felt perfectly fine yesterday. i then went shopping with my mom for 30mins or so, and now its a bit uncomfortable again. it's definitely better than th e first day; however i don't get why it keeps coming and going. my mom told me to put some Cetraben down there and it was a bit inflamed down there. is that normal? sitting down i feel fine. but walking around it feels a bit uncomfortable. i'm asking my mom to buy me Sudecrem today
okay. i felt perfectly fine yesterday. i then went shopping with my mom for 30mins or so, and now its a bit uncomfortable again. it's definitely better than th e first day; however i don't get why it keeps coming and going. my mom told me to put some Cetraben down there and it was a bit inflamed down there. is that normal? sitting down i feel fine. but walking around it feels a bit uncomfortable. i'm asking my mom to buy me Sudecrem today

It's just going to take a few days for things to heal and of you are still wearing pads, they are probably still irritating the area. I don't know what type of pads you use, but it may be worth trying ones that are 100% cotton rather than the synthetic ones - they are more expensive but a lot more skin friendly and comfortable.
(edited 2 years ago)
okay. i felt perfectly fine yesterday. i then went shopping with my mom for 30mins or so, and now its a bit uncomfortable again. it's definitely better than th e first day; however i don't get why it keeps coming and going. my mom told me to put some Cetraben down there and it was a bit inflamed down there. is that normal? sitting down i feel fine. but walking around it feels a bit uncomfortable. i'm asking my mom to buy me Sudecrem todtea

It will take anything upto a week or bit longer to heal up but I'm in agreement with @black tea on perhaps changing over to 100% cotton pads as should be more comfortable for you and hopefully won't need to use cream etc on healing up scares from rubbing your skin there,

I think sudecreme will do as good a job in healing up things as it a antiseptic cream for rashes etc.

It will keep coming & going due to rubbing and walking & the heat of body, being inflamed is because of you walking about for long periods of time and it running against your skin and it needing time to heal up, cause you sitting down you not irritating it as much as walking about.
Perhaps in house don't wear them as use alternative options if you can to allow it time to try and heal up. Obviously the pads is causing the problem.
It will take anything upto a week or bit longer to heal up but I'm in agreement with @black tea on perhaps changing over to 100% cotton pads as should be more comfortable for you and hopefully won't need to use cream etc on healing up scares from rubbing your skin there,

I think sudecreme will do as good a job in healing up things as it a antiseptic cream for rashes etc.

It will keep coming & going due to rubbing and walking & the heat of body, being inflamed is because of you walking about for long periods of time and it running against your skin and it needing time to heal up, cause you sitting down you not irritating it as much as walking about.
Perhaps in house don't wear them as use alternative options if you can to allow it time to try and heal up. Obviously the pads is causing the problem.

applied sudcrem and i do feel about 10% better - which is really good! less itchy and a bit less sore.
i'll keep you updated, if that's okay? i have first day at school tomorrow :smile:
applied sudcrem and i do feel about 10% better - which is really good! less itchy and a bit less sore.
i'll keep you updated, if that's okay? i have first day at school tomorrow :smile:

Hi

Apply it in morning and when you come home from school & when going to bed put some more on as overnight may help.

It will take time ok to heal up. It should get less itchy & hopefully sore as you use the sudecrem ok. Be aware of you walking about tomorrow lots incase it gets sore again.

Yes keep me updated as that's fine okay.
Enjoy your day back at school tomorrow. 😃
PM if you wish but its fine otherwise.

I'm a NHS registered midwife okay.
Hi

Apply it in morning and when you come home from school & when going to bed put some more on as overnight may help.

It will take time ok to heal up. It should get less itchy & hopefully sore as you use the sudecrem ok. Be aware of you walking about tomorrow lots incase it gets sore again.

Yes keep me updated as that's fine okay.
Enjoy your day back at school tomorrow. 😃
PM if you wish but its fine otherwise.

I'm a NHS registered midwife okay.

knowing that you're an NHS midwife made me feel soo much better!
and yeah, i will do that.
i did put Sudocrem on earlier and i noticed that my right vagina side was a bit... inflamed/sore? i could feel it and i compared it to the left side. i think addinf the cream made it a bit better, which is good :smile:
knowing that you're an NHS midwife made me feel soo much better!
and yeah, i will do that.
i did put Sudocrem on earlier and i noticed that my right vagina side was a bit... inflamed/sore? i could feel it and i compared it to the left side. i think addinf the cream made it a bit better, which is good :smile:

Oh I cheered somebody up with her knowing I'm a NHS midwife.
I'm only doing best I can advise you on things okay.

You may find one side healing up quicker than other side but both sides will eventually heal up okay.
You'll probably best trying a slightly thinner pad or use 100% cotton ones as you don't want to suffer each month like this..

See how it goes okay with using the cream as directed. .😃
It won't immediately clear it up remember as take time but if you apply it regular it should be much better by weekend perhaps as long as it don't flare up in meantime when at school 😃
Oh I cheered somebody up with her knowing I'm a NHS midwife.
I'm only doing best I can advise you on things okay.

You may find one side healing up quicker than other side but both sides will eventually heal up okay.
You'll probably best trying a slightly thinner pad or use 100% cotton ones as you don't want to suffer each month like this..

See how it goes okay with using the cream as directed. .😃
It won't immediately clear it up remember as take time but if you apply it regular it should be much better by weekend perhaps as long as it don't flare up in meantime when at school 😃

haha, yeah you're cheering a lot of people up :smile:

thankfully, i'm not on my period at the moment, so i'm wearing really loose pj bottoms and no underwear when i'm in bed.
and yes thankyou. That was my problem haha, thinking that it will go away within a day or two 😭
thank you ever so much. i owe you, x
haha, yeah you're cheering a lot of people up :smile:

thankfully, i'm not on my period at the moment, so i'm wearing really loose pj bottoms and no underwear when i'm in bed.
and yes thankyou. That was my problem haha, thinking that it will go away within a day or two 😭
thank you ever so much. i owe you, x

Haha xx I do my best to cheer up people

Was going to say wear lose clothing but you are already doing this. X

Yep that's your problem hunni thinking it going to disappear straight away but unfortunately it don't work like that. It will ok as be patience with it.
Try and resolve things for next months period to save you this matter again but you'll at least know now what to use on it.

You are welcome x well you can owe me but being appreciated is better x x
Haha xx I do my best to cheer up people

Was going to say wear lose clothing but you are already doing this. X

Yep that's your problem hunni thinking it going to disappear straight away but unfortunately it don't work like that. It will ok as be patience with it.
Try and resolve things for next months period to save you this matter again but you'll at least know now what to use on it.

You are welcome x well you can owe me but being appreciated is better x x

you're so sweet!

and yes, i've realised that haha. i think that because i don't want this pain to end up being something else?
as long as it's gradually getting better, then all is good :smile:
you're so sweet!

and yes, i've realised that haha. i think that because i don't want this pain to end up being something else?
as long as it's gradually getting better, then all is good :smile:

what are you worried it might be?

Quick Reply

Latest