TriplexA
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi there.

Does anyone have any tips or examples of Qs for a primary education interview?

Asking for a friend.
bluebeetle
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by TriplexA)
Hi there.

Asking for a friend.
- Have a few ideas for how you would respond to the typical questions that come up in all sorts of interviews - like a simple 'Tell me about yourself' or 'Why are you interested in this course / career?'

- Don't be afraid to stop and think when you are asked a question. Time to process will help you give a better answer, and it comes across more professional than jumping in and saying a load of waffle before you've thought of what to actually say.

- Read up a bit on the provider in advance, and note down any questions that you feel you still have after doing this research. You can ask these in the interview when given the opportunity, and it makes it easier to decide later if you get multiple offers.
TriplexA
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by bluebeetle)
- Have a few ideas for how you would respond to the typical questions that come up in all sorts of interviews - like a simple 'Tell me about yourself' or 'Why are you interested in this course / career?'

- Don't be afraid to stop and think when you are asked a question. Time to process will help you give a better answer, and it comes across more professional than jumping in and saying a load of waffle before you've thought of what to actually say.

- Read up a bit on the provider in advance, and note down any questions that you feel you still have after doing this research. You can ask these in the interview when given the opportunity, and it makes it easier to decide later if you get multiple offers.
Fabulous thanks so much for the swift response.
Get into Teaching
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Hi there.

Asking for a friend.
Hi TriplexA,
The one to one interview will typically pick up on what you have stated in your personal statement as well as your motivation to teach, you might also be asked questions about what constitutes a good/ bad lesson. I would also suggest that you familiarize yourself with current educational issues.
It might be a good idea to register to the Get into Teaching adviser service. It is a free service. All our advisers are experienced teachers and they will be able to give you tips to prepare for the interview.
All the best,
Laure
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Hi there.

Asking for a friend.
Hello TriplexA

Some tips:

The interviewer will want to see that you are confident and comfortable in talking/speaking, of course! Therefore, be your full self and feel confident with everything that you say. Take time to think about the question they have asked, and if you are unsure, always ask for the question to be repeated!

Typically, in one of these interviews, you will be expected to demonstrate, most importantly, a passion for teaching. I would encourage the interviewee to reflect (if applicable) on their personal experience, as examples when responding to questions.

The interviewer may want to see that you are aware of relevant policy/ teacher codes of practice specific to the age group you are interested in. Therefore, prepare, read and familiarize yourself with what is currently going on in the field of education. It also may be a good to locate some of the issues encountered in the classroom and how these can be combatted, for example.

Hope these three tips help!

All the best - Dylan
TriplexA
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Get into Teaching)
Hi TriplexA,
The one to one interview will typically pick up on what you have stated in your personal statement as well as your motivation to teach, you might also be asked questions about what constitutes a good/ bad lesson. I would also suggest that you familiarize yourself with current educational issues.
It might be a good idea to register to the Get into Teaching adviser service. It is a free service. All our advisers are experienced teachers and they will be able to give you tips to prepare for the interview.
All the best,
Laure
Thanks Laure.

I'm sure this service will come in handy
TriplexA
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Liverpool Hope University)
Hello TriplexA

Some tips:

The interviewer will want to see that you are confident and comfortable in talking/speaking, of course! Therefore, be your full self and feel confident with everything that you say. Take time to think about the question they have asked, and if you are unsure, always ask for the question to be repeated!

Typically, in one of these interviews, you will be expected to demonstrate, most importantly, a passion for teaching. I would encourage the interviewee to reflect (if applicable) on their personal experience, as examples when responding to questions.

The interviewer may want to see that you are aware of relevant policy/ teacher codes of practice specific to the age group you are interested in. Therefore, prepare, read and familiarize yourself with what is currently going on in the field of education. It also may be a good to locate some of the issues encountered in the classroom and how these can be combatted, for example.

Hope these three tips help!

All the best - Dylan
Thanks for the advice Dylan.

Very informative
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (56)
12.33%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (8)
1.76%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (122)
26.87%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (41)
9.03%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (212)
46.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
3.3%

Watched Threads