Jammydodger39
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
It’s a non negotiable item in school. Students are not allowed to bring them in. Do you think that means I can’t keep any in my classroom?

I’ve never seen any in any of the teaching rooms at all? Apart from art. We are to cut any sheets for them so they can go straight into books

It’s a stupid question but I don’t wanna get myself into trouble for letting students use them
bluebeetle
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Jammydodger39)
It’s a non negotiable item in school. Students are not allowed to bring them in. Do you think that means I can’t keep any in my classroom?

I’ve never seen any in any of the teaching rooms at all? Apart from art. We are to cut any sheets for them so they can go straight into books

It’s a stupid question but I don’t wanna get myself into trouble for letting students use them
Is this secondary? We have scissors in every classroom, though they're the safety type obviously.

If your school have decided that they are not appropriate, this is almost certainly for a reason though. I definitely wouldn't bring in scissors for students to use without consulting somebody first and asking if it's alright, since it sounds like the school are deliberately avoiding their use. Also, to be honest, I wouldn't buy scissors for my classroom because they're not going to come cheap! Best to find alternate activities that don't require scissors.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (56)
12.33%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (8)
1.76%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (122)
26.87%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (41)
9.03%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (212)
46.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
3.3%

Watched Threads