Anki Flashcards will change your life

Watch
I'mnotginger
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi there I'm currently in Y11 and, like many of us, have struggled with my academics and grades as a result of COVID. I thought all hope was lost until I discovered Anki and now I'm quickly getting back on track to where I want to be so I'm here to tell you how it works!

Anki is an incredibly useful revision resource which incorporates active recall and spaced repetition through flashcards that run on an algorithm. This algorithm determines when you need to review a certain flashcard again for you and will notify you when you do. It's completely free and has honestly saved my grades.

Active Recall - the process of retrieving information from your memory without any obvious prompts/hints
Spaced Repetition - retrieving information at regular intervals so that it becomes engrained into your long term memory

Anki is especially useful for sciences and vocabulary for languages but also for memorising key concepts for more essay-based subjects too. It's great for any summarised information or stats you may need to remember in class or in the exam.

HOW TO SIGN UP

Just search up AnkiWeb- Account Register, input an email and create a password. Then to create a flashcard deck, press Create Deck and give it a name.

I hope this was helpful. For reference, I was failing half my subjects at the end of Y10 and I've just got all 6s, 7s and 8s in my GCSE Mocks

CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
Ali Abdaal 2.0
I'mnotginger
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
Ali Abdaal 2.0
Lmao thanx!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (21)
22.58%
Note taking apps (3)
3.23%
Flashcards (14)
15.05%
Revision guides (3)
3.23%
Past papers (47)
50.54%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (5)
5.38%

Watched Threads