The Student Room Group

What can you do with a law degree?

I’m thinking of studying in the uk, however I’m aware that qualifying as a lawyer would be really difficult. I’m trying to look for other employment options. I’d like to apply to UCL, LSE and Durham, would I be able to get a decent paying job with a degree from one of these? What are some popular choices for those who get a law degree but don’t end up getting a training contract?
Reply 1
firstly do you have the right to remain in the UK after graduation or do you need a visa?
Original post by neutralmilkff
I’m thinking of studying in the uk, however I’m aware that qualifying as a lawyer would be really difficult. I’m trying to look for other employment options. I’d like to apply to UCL, LSE and Durham, would I be able to get a decent paying job with a degree from one of these? What are some popular choices for those who get a law degree but don’t end up getting a training contract?

Hi there,

I hope you're well :smile:

Like the above comment mentions, it would be dependent on any visa's / remaining in the UK.

However, if that's not an issue - here's a great website which explains what you can do with your law degree if you don't necessarily want to become a barrister or a solicitor: https://www.prospects.ac.uk/careers-advice/what-can-i-do-with-my-degree/law.

I hope that's helpful,

Ana
UoL Ambassador :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest