The Student Room Group

IAL Chemistry January 2022 Thread

Hi everyone! I found this these threads to be a success in Oct, so I decided to make one for January. This is for all units

Let us know which paper you are doing and feel free to talk bout anything here!!!

I am doing Chemistry P3 and P4 this series!
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by daylight08
Hi everyone! I found this these threads to be a success in Oct, so I decided to make one for January. This is for all units

Let us know which paper you are doing and feel free to talk bout anything here!!!

I am doing Chemistry P3 and P4 this series!

So my chemistry exam is in a week and this this exam is something that I really struggle with in terms of topics. Is there any revision methods that I can do to help me cram and know how to answer qs straight away- Its an organic paper for a lvl them ocr
Original post by sumzibadman
So my chemistry exam is in a week and this this exam is something that I really struggle with in terms of topics. Is there any revision methods that I can do to help me cram and know how to answer qs straight away- Its an organic paper for a lvl them ocr

Practice a lot of past papers. With that you will know what to expect and what to focus on more as well!!!! Orgo chem is just memorising trends and it's nomenclature and all of that so do a LOT OF PROBLEMS and you'll be good to go:smile:
Reply 3
oh my god heyyy
Hey!!! You're doing unit 4??

Original post by TrES2b
oh my god heyyy
Reply 5
Hey!!! You're doing unit 4??

yesss i am. how you feeling about it?
Original post by TrES2b
yesss i am. how you feeling about it?

Honestly really worried about organic chem, but I think the other chapters are somewhat okay! Wby?
Reply 7
Honestly really worried about organic chem, but I think the other chapters are somewhat okay! Wby?

same here! have not seen any questions related to chromatography so idk how I'm going to answer them
https://chembase.lk/past-papers/

here are chem recent past papers if you would like to see them. Although, there are no marking schemes for unit 4-6 for the october 2021 series
Does anyone have the mark scheme for unit 4??
Reply 10
Did anyone else not finish the paper? (Unit 4)
I managed to finish it but it was really hard
what were they thinking
Reply 12
Original post by IGCSEsurvivor
I managed to finish it but it was really hard
what were they thinking

I have no clue. I've spent the first hour only on the multiple choice and didn't even have time to attempt the whole last question
Yeah mc was honestly hard
Too many drawing structure that takes time
Yep. I agree! And all I could see was Cs and Hs and my mind was going crazy. Didn't expect it to be this hard
the most dogshit paper i ever did. Got an A in my as. think I'm gonna come back down to a solid c courtesy of the unit 4 paper. why was it soo much harder than the last few years papers
how is everyone preparing for unit 5, I am freaking a bit out by the amount of organics I have to remember (context I learned biology nd chemistry a levels in 9 months and just have unit 5 and 6 to go (private candidate)).
Reply 17
i also did unit 4 chem jan 22, and oh my it was hard esp the choices questions. im preparing for unit 5 and idk what im feeling tbh
Reply 18
I did the unit 4 chem it was hard!!!
esp the multiple choices
im doing unit 5 in a couple days and im stressed lol
Guys how was the unit 5 paper?

Quick Reply

Latest