IAL Chemistry January 2022 Thread

Watch
daylight08
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi everyone! I found this these threads to be a success in Oct, so I decided to make one for January. This is for all units

Let us know which paper you are doing and feel free to talk bout anything here!!!

I am doing Chemistry P3 and P4 this series!
Last edited by daylight08; 2 weeks ago
sumzibadman
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by daylight08)
Hi everyone! I found this these threads to be a success in Oct, so I decided to make one for January. This is for all units

Let us know which paper you are doing and feel free to talk bout anything here!!!

I am doing Chemistry P3 and P4 this series!
So my chemistry exam is in a week and this this exam is something that I really struggle with in terms of topics. Is there any revision methods that I can do to help me cram and know how to answer qs straight away- Its an organic paper for a lvl them ocr
daylight08
Rep:
(Original post by sumzibadman)
So my chemistry exam is in a week and this this exam is something that I really struggle with in terms of topics. Is there any revision methods that I can do to help me cram and know how to answer qs straight away- Its an organic paper for a lvl them ocr
Practice a lot of past papers. With that you will know what to expect and what to focus on more as well!!!! Orgo chem is just memorising trends and it's nomenclature and all of that so do a LOT OF PROBLEMS and you'll be good to go
TrES2b
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
oh my god heyyy
daylight08
Rep:
Hey!!! You're doing unit 4??

(Original post by TrES2b)
oh my god heyyy
TrES2b
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey!!! You're doing unit 4??
yesss i am. how you feeling about it?
daylight08
Rep:
(Original post by TrES2b)
yesss i am. how you feeling about it?
Honestly really worried about organic chem, but I think the other chapters are somewhat okay! Wby?
TrES2b
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Honestly really worried about organic chem, but I think the other chapters are somewhat okay! Wby?
same here! have not seen any questions related to chromatography so idk how I'm going to answer them
daylight08
Rep:
https://chembase.lk/past-papers/

here are chem recent past papers if you would like to see them. Although, there are no marking schemes for unit 4-6 for the october 2021 series
IGCSEsurvivor
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Does anyone have the mark scheme for unit 4??
lvxza
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Did anyone else not finish the paper? (Unit 4)
IGCSEsurvivor
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I managed to finish it but it was really hard
what were they thinking
lvxza
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by IGCSEsurvivor)
I managed to finish it but it was really hard
what were they thinking
I have no clue. I've spent the first hour only on the multiple choice and didn't even have time to attempt the whole last question
IGCSEsurvivor
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Yeah mc was honestly hard
Too many drawing structure that takes time
daylight08
Rep:
Yep. I agree! And all I could see was Cs and Hs and my mind was going crazy. Didn't expect it to be this hard
notsamad
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
the most dogshit paper i ever did. Got an A in my as. think I'm gonna come back down to a solid c courtesy of the unit 4 paper. why was it soo much harder than the last few years papers
username978
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
how is everyone preparing for unit 5, I am freaking a bit out by the amount of organics I have to remember (context I learned biology nd chemistry a levels in 9 months and just have unit 5 and 6 to go (private candidate)).
vx144
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
i also did unit 4 chem jan 22, and oh my it was hard esp the choices questions. im preparing for unit 5 and idk what im feeling tbh
vx144
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I did the unit 4 chem it was hard!!!
esp the multiple choices
im doing unit 5 in a couple days and im stressed lol
Ruqayah Faumi
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Guys how was the unit 5 paper?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.81%
Note taking apps (6)
2.47%
Flashcards (46)
18.93%
Revision guides (15)
6.17%
Past papers (115)
47.33%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed