The Student Room Group

School is killing me - Y11 "GYG" 2022

學正在殺我 - 十一年發展你的級2022年 - English Title: School is killing me - Y11 "GYG" 2022

I hope I got the Chinese right haha.

Also if the foreign title made me look like a bot then I'm sorry LOL

Thirdly, I hope this post will end up in the right place, since I've only been on here for 2 days.

Anyways this is your British organism here in Y11 currently stressing about mocks starting from Wed. 5/1/22 - Wed. 12/1/22 yay.

:cyber:SUBJECTS::cyber:

Spoiler

I also attend a private school but I'm getting the hell out at the end of Y11, as it's:

Snobby as :heart:****:heart: in my opinion (about half the kids in my school have mega rich parents)

It's been going downhill for 20 years or so, and...

I know there's a much better school (6th form) I can go to.

I've just got to survive 5-6 more months of rich kid mentality, I guess!

I don't know if I can keep this updated but I'll try :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

2022年01月03日

Just did some Latin revision.
I have to learn the entire translation of 101 lines of Latin text off by heart, AND the techniques the writers use (and I'm already hopeless at English).
And I have to know this list of vocabulary as well:
https://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/221512-gcse-latin-j282-defined-vocabulary-list-and-restricted-vocabulary-list.pdf
I haven't even mentioned everything I need to learn for the mock exam this Friday 7th Jan '22 :smile:

Latin is fun. :heart:

Your avatar is irresistible.
Original post by 828582686989
Your avatar is irresistible.

Thanks. I didn't know what avatar to choose so I just took an internet meme. Lol.
I think changing the title to
學校在殺我 11年級 提升我的成績 2022
would make more sense

2022年01月04日

So, the day before I go back, and the day before my first exam (English Language, ugh).

There is a need to revise, but I think there's a greater need to take care of myself. Last night I found myself so stressed that I ended up getting a nosebleed.

The mock exams are always in the back of my mind and the uncertainty of whether exams will be cancelled or not only increases this stress.

I hope everyone else is having a great day.

Original post by hungrysalamander
I think changing the title to
學校在殺我 11年級 提升我的成績 2022
would make more sense

Perhaps. Do you mean in terms of grammar?
Original post by HumanOrganism368
Perhaps. Do you mean in terms of grammar?

yeah

:bl:2022年01月05日:bl:

Completed my first exam today - English Langauge.
It actually went better than I thought.
I would like to heavily thank Mr Salles for this piece of advice:
"Answer the paper backwards." i.e. 5,4,3,2,1 and not 1,2,3,4,5. This really helped me.
Tomorrow I have Physics and Chemistry. Freesciencelessons, I guess?

Original post by hungrysalamander
yeah

學校 - school, educational institution
- [I assume it's the same as 正在 in this context]
- kill
- I, me

年級 - year, grade

提升 - promote, hoist, elevate
我的 - my
成績 - result (of working or studying), achievement, success

So overall, maybe it does make more sense. Lmao my bad.
[Is 年 necessary in "2022年"?]

:groovy:2022年01月06日:groovy:

2 more exams down.

Physics went well - because we were given literally every equation needed xD. Maths accounted for about 40% of the marks.

Chemistry went not so well, but still pretty decent. I struggled on the hydrated copper sulphate (and others which I can't remember).

Tomorrow - Latin and Geography.

2022年01月07日

Latin and Geography done - and it's the weekend.

Latin went well - however I'd say I struggled on the 8 marker and the 10 marker for the literature part.

Geography went not so well, but still decent. I need to brush up on a few things though.

I have the rest of today, Saturday and Sunday off, with no exams. My next exam on the 10th is Biology.

11th - [Nothing. Yay.]
12th - Computer Science, Further Maths

Then I'm done.

Also, the exam boards have released their summer 2022 GCSE timetables - check them out here:

AQA: https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/admin/t_table_pdf/AQA-TT-GCSE-JUN22-CONFIRMED.PDF

Pearson Edexcel:

GCSE: https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Examination-timetables-for-UK-Edexcel-GCSE/GCSE_Summer_2022_Final_v1.pdf

iGCSE:
https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/Support/Examination-timetables-for-Edexcel-International-GCSE/Int_GCSE_Summer_2022_Final_v1.pdf

OCR: https://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/640152-gcse-and-cambridge-nationals.pdf

WJEC(?): https://www.wjec.co.uk/media/012le2in/2-summer-2022-wales-and-eduqas-gcse-final-exam-timetable-v10-08-12-21.pdf
(I don't do WJEC but others might)

CCEA(?): https://ccea.org.uk/downloads/docs/ccea-asset/General/Final%20GCSE%20Timetable%20Summer%202022.pdf
(Again, I don't do CCEA but others might)

2022年01月10日

Biology done.

I think I did OK.

Anyway, I have no exams tomorrow. Yay.

12th - Computer Science and Further Maths.

Then I'm done.

[Well, not really - I have an exam on the 19th which is not on the timetable for some reason.]

學校 - school, educational institution
- [I assume it's the same as 正在 in this context]
- kill
- I, me

年級 - year, grade

提升 - promote, hoist, elevate
我的 - my
成績 - result (of working or studying), achievement, success

So overall, maybe it does make more sense. Lmao my bad.
[Is 年 necessary in "2022年"?]

Yes, is necessary to represent the date in Chinese.

2022年01月12日

Computer Science and Further Maths done. I think I did well on both of them - and it's the end of my mocks (apart from Eng. Lit on the 19th)!

I have an aptitude test for my (INCREDIBLY GOOD) sixth form I want to go to. It's on the 15th at 10:00. Then, I have an interview for the same 6th form on the 25th at 18:15.

I think I'm going to do some practice for my aptitude test.

Original post by donaldchuity
Yes, is necessary to represent the date in Chinese.

So hungrysalamander is wrong?
So hungrysalamander is wrong?

I wouldn't say he's wrong; 'year group' and 'year in the date' have different Chinese vocab to represent them. hungrysalamander is correct as far I'm concerned.

2022年01月18日

It looks like I've been slacking. I apologise.

The aptitude test went ok - but there was one killer question which I was extremely vexed by (Q10 out of 10).

I also have my English Literature exam tomorrow. One question is on the play Macbeth and the other is on the play An Inspector Calls. 2(30 + 4) marks means 68 marks in total (I assume).

Have a great rest of your day.

2022年01月19日

Just done my English Literature (my final exam, hooray) - I don't think it went as well as others. I definitely need to remember quotes from both Macbeth and An Inspector Calls.

Anyway, I can't worry about it now. What's done is done.

I think my next priority is the interview for my 6th form on the 25th. Any advice would be appreciated.

[and by the way, yes, I noticed on the 12th Jan that somebody changed my broken Chinese title to the English one. I thought I got hacked xD]

2022年01月19日

Just done my English Literature (my final exam, hooray) - I don't think it went as well as others. I definitely need to remember quotes from both Macbeth and An Inspector Calls.

Anyway, I can't worry about it now. What's done is done.

I think my next priority is the interview for my 6th form on the 25th. Any advice would be appreciated.

[and by the way, yes, I noticed on the 12th Jan that somebody changed my broken Chinese title to the English one. I thought I got hacked xD]

we have to stan that you're bringing out your inner lady macbeth with the "whats done is done" lmao

Quick Reply

Latest