School is killing me - Y11 "GYG" 2022

Watch
HumanOrganism368
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
學正在殺我 - 十一年發展你的級2022年 - English Title: School is killing me - Y11 "GYG" 2022

I hope I got the Chinese right haha.

Also if the foreign title made me look like a bot then I'm sorry LOL

Thirdly, I hope this post will end up in the right place, since I've only been on here for 2 days.

Anyways this is your British organism here in Y11 currently stressing about mocks starting from Wed. 5/1/22 - Wed. 12/1/22 yay.

:cyber:SUBJECTS::cyber:

Spoiler:
Show

Biology AQA
Chemistry Edexcel iGCSE
Computer Science OCR
English Language AQA
English Literature AQA
Further Mathematics AQA
Geography AQA
Latin OCR
Physics Edexcel iGCSE
I did regular Maths (no idea what exam board) in 2021 and got a grade 9. So that's good.

I also attend a private school but I'm getting the hell out at the end of Y11, as it's:
  1. Snobby as :heart:****:heart: in my opinion(about half the kids in my school have mega rich parents)
  2. It's been going downhill for 20 years or so,and...
  3. I know there's a much better school (6th form) I can go to.

I've just got to survive 5-6 more months of rich kid mentality, I guess!

I don't know if I can keep this updated but I'll try
HumanOrganism368
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.

2022年01月03日

Just did some Latin revision.
I have to learn the entire translation of 101 lines of Latin text off by heart, AND the techniques the writers use (and I'm already hopeless at English).
And I have to know this list of vocabulary as well:
https://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/221512...ulary-list.pdf
I haven't even mentioned everything I need to learn for the mock exam this Friday 7th Jan '22

Latin is fun. :heart:

Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Your avatar is irresistible.
HumanOrganism368
Rep:
(Original post by 828582686989)
Your avatar is irresistible.
Thanks. I didn't know what avatar to choose so I just took an internet meme. Lol.
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
I think changing the title to
學校在殺我 11年級 提升我的成績 2022
would make more sense
HumanOrganism368
Rep:

2022年01月04日

So, the day before I go back, and the day before my first exam (English Language, ugh).

There is a need to revise, but I think there's a greater need to take care of myself. Last night I found myself so stressed that I ended up getting a nosebleed.

The mock exams are always in the back of my mind and the uncertainty of whether exams will be cancelled or not only increases this stress.

I hope everyone else is having a great day.

HumanOrganism368
Rep:
(Original post by hungrysalamander)
I think changing the title to
學校在殺我 11年級 提升我的成績 2022
would make more sense
Perhaps. Do you mean in terms of grammar?
hungrysalamander
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by HumanOrganism368)
Perhaps. Do you mean in terms of grammar?
yeah
HumanOrganism368
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago

:bl:2022年01月05日:bl:

Completed my first exam today - English Langauge.
It actually went better than I thought.
I would like to heavily thank Mr Salles for this piece of advice:
"Answer the paper backwards." i.e. 5,4,3,2,1 and not 1,2,3,4,5. This really helped me.
Tomorrow I have Physics and Chemistry. Freesciencelessons, I guess?

HumanOrganism368
Rep:
(Original post by hungrysalamander)
yeah
學校 - school, educational institution
在 - [I assume it's the same as 正在 in this context]
殺 - kill
我 - I, me

年級 - year, grade

提升 - promote, hoist, elevate
我的 - my
成績 - result (of working or studying), achievement, success

So overall, maybe it does make more sense. Lmao my bad.
[Is 年 necessary in "2022年"?]
HumanOrganism368
Rep:

:groovy:2022年01月06日:groovy:

2 more exams down.

Physics went well - because we were given literally every equation needed xD. Maths accounted for about 40% of the marks.

Chemistry went not so well, but still pretty decent. I struggled on the hydrated copper sulphate (and others which I can't remember).

Tomorrow - Latin and Geography.

HumanOrganism368
Rep:

2022年01月07日

Latin and Geography done - and it's the weekend.

Latin went well - however I'd say I struggled on the 8 marker and the 10 marker for the literature part.

Geography went not so well, but still decent. I need to brush up on a few things though.

I have the rest of today, Saturday and Sunday off, with no exams. My next exam on the 10th is Biology.

11th - [Nothing. Yay.]
12th - Computer Science, Further Maths

Then I'm done.

Also, the exam boards have released their summer 2022 GCSE timetables - check them out here:

AQA: https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/admin/t...-CONFIRMED.PDF

Pearson Edexcel:

GCSE: https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...2_Final_v1.pdf

iGCSE:
https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...2_Final_v1.pdf

OCR: https://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/640152...-nationals.pdf

WJEC(?): https://www.wjec.co.uk/media/012le2i...0-08-12-21.pdf
(I don't do WJEC but others might)

CCEA(?): https://ccea.org.uk/downloads/docs/c...mer%202022.pdf
(Again, I don't do CCEA but others might)

HumanOrganism368
Rep:

2022年01月10日

Biology done.

I think I did OK.

Anyway, I have no exams tomorrow. Yay.

12th - Computer Science and Further Maths.

Then I'm done.

[Well, not really - I have an exam on the 19th which is not on the timetable for some reason.]

donaldchuity
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
學校 - school, educational institution
在 - [I assume it's the same as 正在 in this context]
殺 - kill
我 - I, me

年級 - year, grade

提升 - promote, hoist, elevate
我的 - my
成績 - result (of working or studying), achievement, success

So overall, maybe it does make more sense. Lmao my bad.
[Is 年 necessary in "2022年"?]
Yes, 年 is necessary to represent the date in Chinese.
HumanOrganism368
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago

2022年01月12日

Computer Science and Further Maths done. I think I did well on both of them - and it's the end of my mocks (apart from Eng. Lit on the 19th)!

I have an aptitude test for my (INCREDIBLY GOOD) sixth form I want to go to. It's on the 15th at 10:00. Then, I have an interview for the same 6th form on the 25th at 18:15.

I think I'm going to do some practice for my aptitude test.

HumanOrganism368
Rep:
(Original post by donaldchuity)
Yes, 年 is necessary to represent the date in Chinese.
So hungrysalamander is wrong?
donaldchuity
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
So hungrysalamander is wrong?
I wouldn't say he's wrong; 'year group' and 'year in the date' have different Chinese vocab to represent them. hungrysalamander is correct as far I'm concerned.
HumanOrganism368
Rep:

2022年01月18日

It looks like I've been slacking. I apologise.

The aptitude test went ok - but there was one killer question which I was extremely vexed by (Q10 out of 10).

I also have my English Literature exam tomorrow. One question is on the play Macbeth and the other is on the play An Inspector Calls. 2(30 + 4) marks means 68 marks in total (I assume).

Have a great rest of your day.

HumanOrganism368
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 days ago

2022年01月19日

Just done my English Literature (my final exam, hooray) - I don't think it went as well as others. I definitely need to remember quotes from both Macbeth and An Inspector Calls.

Anyway, I can't worry about it now. What's done is done.

I think my next priority is the interview for my 6th form on the 25th. Any advice would be appreciated.

[and by the way, yes, I noticed on the 12th Jan that somebody changed my broken Chinese title to the English one. I thought I got hacked xD]

nikkiblonsky
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 days ago

2022年01月19日

Just done my English Literature (my final exam, hooray) - I don't think it went as well as others. I definitely need to remember quotes from both Macbeth and An Inspector Calls.

Anyway, I can't worry about it now. What's done is done.

I think my next priority is the interview for my 6th form on the 25th. Any advice would be appreciated.

[and by the way, yes, I noticed on the 12th Jan that somebody changed my broken Chinese title to the English one. I thought I got hacked xD]

we have to stan that you're bringing out your inner lady macbeth with the "whats done is done" lmao
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (12)
6.49%
October 2021 (89)
48.11%
November 2021 (19)
10.27%
December 2021 (29)
15.68%
January 2021 (15)
8.11%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (18)
9.73%