The Student Room Group

School is killing me - Y11 "GYG" 2022

Scroll to see replies

Year 11 is killing me rn :’) have you started revising for the actual GCSEs yet?
Original post by nikkiblonsky
we have to stan that you're bringing out your inner lady macbeth with the "whats done is done" lmao

Wait she says that? I never knew xD

Which act and scene?
Original post by iqra_xoxoxoxox
Year 11 is killing me rn :’) have you started revising for the actual GCSEs yet?

No.

Freesciencelessons says this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1Q3J3g6X2w&t=57s

Assuming I start 3 months before my exams, and my exams start in mid-May, it means I should start revising for my GCSEs in mid-February.

Also, take some time to do something you love if Y11 is killing you. You got this.

Have you started yet?
Original post by HumanOrganism368
No.

Freesciencelessons says this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1Q3J3g6X2w&t=57s

Assuming I start 3 months before my exams, and my exams start in mid-May, it means I should start revising for my GCSEs in mid-February.

Also, take some time to do something you love if Y11 is killing you. You got this.

Have you started yet?

Yepp I’ve just started though 😩 and my first one I believe is the 16th may or something 😵*💫 thank you for the link #freesciencelessons supremacy

2022年01月25日

I got my English Language back today and I AM SO PROUD HOLY $#%&

4 + 5 + 4 + 9 + :woo:32:woo: = 54

54 marks was required for a grade 7, so I scraped a 7. Lmao.
In the Y10 end of year mocks, I got a grade 4.

Thank you so much to Mr Salles for that advice. It has helped me a lot and I'm definitely doing it again next time.

I've just got to replicate my Section B, because that's what single-handedly got me a grade 7.

Anyway, I HAVE MY 6TH FORM INTERVIEW IN 1 HOUR

I'm getting kinda nervous lmao.

Have a great rest of your day.

2022年01月25日

I got my English Language back today and I AM SO PROUD HOLY $#%&

4 + 5 + 4 + 9 + :woo:32:woo: = 54

54 marks was required for a grade 7, so I scraped a 7. Lmao.
In the Y10 end of year mocks, I got a grade 4.

Thank you so much to Mr Salles for that advice. It has helped me a lot and I'm definitely doing it again next time.

I've just got to replicate my Section B, because that's what single-handedly got me a grade 7.

Anyway, I HAVE MY 6TH FORM INTERVIEW IN 1 HOUR

I'm getting kinda nervous lmao.

Have a great rest of your day.

Good luck 🤞

2022年01月19日

Just done my English Literature (my final exam, hooray) - I don't think it went as well as others. I definitely need to remember quotes from both Macbeth and An Inspector Calls.

Anyway, I can't worry about it now. What's done is done.

I think my next priority is the interview for my 6th form on the 25th. Any advice would be appreciated.

[and by the way, yes, I noticed on the 12th Jan that somebody changed my broken Chinese title to the English one. I thought I got hacked xD]

how'd the interview go?

2022年01月25日
(第二節)

I JUST DID THE INTERVIEW AND I'M NERVOUS NOW

It was split into 2 parts - a maths part, and a part consisting of a combination of physics and pastoral.

The teacher in the maths interview also told me what I got on the aptitude test I did on the 15th - 28/60 - "about average", he said. He also said someone got 95%, and the only reason they didn't get 100% was because they ran out of time.

The pastoral part of the latter was the hardest :/ This teacher mentioned the overcoming of challenges, aspirations in terms of jobs and universities, and other things which I've completely forgotten about. I might have waffled slightly, but I hope I've done enough.

They will start to give out offers in 3-4 weeks, so between the 15th and 22nd of February. It's a waiting game at this point.

To other people who will be doing their interviews soon:

GRAB YOUR CRICKET BATS KINGS AND QUEENS, BECAUSE YOU'RE GOING TO SMASH YOUR INTERVIEWS OUT OF THE PARK

[I'm sorry if you cringed. XD]

I'm off. I need to recover from this. Haha.

Reply 28
學正在殺我 - 十一年發展你的級2022年 - English Title: School is killing me - Y11 "GYG" 2022

I hope I got the Chinese right haha.

Also if the foreign title made me look like a bot then I'm sorry LOL

Thirdly, I hope this post will end up in the right place, since I've only been on here for 2 days.

Anyways this is your British organism here in Y11 currently stressing about mocks starting from Wed. 5/1/22 - Wed. 12/1/22 yay.

:cyber:SUBJECTS::cyber:

Spoiler

I also attend a private school but I'm getting the hell out at the end of Y11, as it's:

Snobby as :heart:****:heart: in my opinion (about half the kids in my school have mega rich parents)

It's been going downhill for 20 years or so, and...

I know there's a much better school (6th form) I can go to.

I've just got to survive 5-6 more months of rich kid mentality, I guess!

I don't know if I can keep this updated but I'll try :biggrin:

Check out Flyp Academy - it's been so useful for my GCSE prep. It's totally free as well
Original post by hungrysalamander
I think changing the title to
學校在殺我 11年級 提升我的成績 2022
would make more sense

學正在殺我 - 十一年發展你的級2022年 - English Title: School is killing me - Y11 "GYG" 2022

I hope I got the Chinese right haha.

Also if the foreign title made me look like a bot then I'm sorry LOL

Thirdly, I hope this post will end up in the right place, since I've only been on here for 2 days.

Anyways this is your British organism here in Y11 currently stressing about mocks starting from Wed. 5/1/22 - Wed. 12/1/22 yay.

:cyber:SUBJECTS::cyber:

Spoiler

I also attend a private school but I'm getting the hell out at the end of Y11, as it's:

Snobby as :heart:****:heart: in my opinion (about half the kids in my school have mega rich parents)

It's been going downhill for 20 years or so, and...

I know there's a much better school (6th form) I can go to.

I've just got to survive 5-6 more months of rich kid mentality, I guess!

I don't know if I can keep this updated but I'll try :biggrin:

I think
我要被学校整死了-11年级 2022年“提高我的成绩”
would be a little bit better:smile:sounds more...native

2022年02月02日

First month gone. Also, it's 2/2/22. Next time the date is in the form x/x/xx is the 3rd March, 2033 (3/3/33).

Anyway, I have received all of my 1st mock GCSE grades.

I got:

In the following order:

Further Maths (doesn't use 9-1 but I got 95% so yeah), Biology, Geography, Physics, Chemistry, Latin, English Language (scraped a 7), Computer Science, English Literature.

Overall, I'm happy, but I know I can do better.

I also went to another 6th form yesterday. A person in my year also went there. Today we had a conversation about whether to stay at our private school or jump ship. He's torn between the sixth form we went to yesterday and our private school. If he makes the leap, I applaud him for it.

This is the first time I've ever read your posts but I want to steal your personality now, you seem too cool :redface:

Well done on your mocks!! You should be super proud on the triple 9s and 8s! Oh and force the other dude to go to the other sixth form so at least you have a friend there lol

2022年02月12日

I've been meaning to say this 3 days ago, but I never had time unfortunately.

Anyway, 3 days ago, I received some news.

:banana:I GOT A CONDITIONAL OFFER FROM MY 6TH FORM:banana:

Their conditions are as follows (in their words):

Spoiler

I have met the first 2 conditions without a doubt. I have technically also met the other 3, because:

Grade 8 in Physics mocks

7-5 in English Lang and Lit respectively

All 9 GCSE mocks at grade 5 or above

But I'm not counting them, as I have not done the actual GCSEs yet. However it is very encouraging to see that if I keep this going for a few more months, I will (hopefully) cruise through to my 6th form in September.

I wish everyone else the best of luck in getting into their own 6th forms. You can do it. Also, remember to take care of yourself. :heart:

2022年02月22日

22/2/22. Hehe.

Anyway I have a computer science test on systems software tomorrow as well as another set of mocks in March (hooray :/). My computer also broke down on the 19th (terrible luck, eh?) so I'm currently on my bed typing on my laptop.

Is there any way to make free time, or will I be forced to sacrifice hobbies?

2022年03月05日

Well... I seriously wish that I wasn't living through a major historical event right now!

Anyway, more mocks. Sigh. Here's what I have:

Geography - 7th
Computer Science - 9th
Latin - 11th
English Language - 15th
English Literature - 16th
Chemistry - 21st
Biology - 22nd
Physics - 23rd
Further Mathematics - 24th

I don't know why they decided to split the subjects across weeks. :/

But yeah. I have these, then the real deal. :woo:

2022年03月07日

Geography done. I think it went very well.

The exam was about OS maps and geographical skills. It was out of 37 marks.

I'm also attempting to get every homework out the way so I can revise for my computer science.

A good start, but a long way to go until the 24th.

What are your favorite ways to revise? Do you watch videos, flashcards??? Do you do many practice papers? You seem like a good student.
Original post by MikeHunt_HD
What are your favorite ways to revise? Do you watch videos, flashcards??? Do you do many practice papers? You seem like a good student.

Honestly, I really have no favourite way of revising. Flashcards are a popular revision technique. Interleaving and spaced repetition are REALLY effective but less popular. I'd say to figure out what works for you. I don't know what year you're in, but it's always better late than never, I suppose.

year = "2022"
year_chinese = "年"
month = "03"
month_chinese = "月"
day = "09"
day_chinese = "日"
message = year + year_chinese + month + month_chinese + day + day_chinese
print(message)

2022年03月09日

Computer Science completed - again, I think it went very well, probably because some past paper questions I looked at the day before came up on the exam. Heck yeah.

Next up - Latin on the 11th. A pure memory game, this one. Fun. :heart:

It has been a while.

Since my last post, I did my Latin exam and got my test result back. There was a 10 marker which I forgot how to answer, but other than that I thought I did well.

I ended up getting 28 out of 40 - 70% - one of the lowest in my class. Yeah. :/

Then I had English Language on the 15th and then English Literature today on the 16th - I don't think either went too badly. I will have to wait and see the results.

My next exam is Chemistry on the 21st. Hooray.

I also got my geography test back - 86% - a grade 9. Woohoo.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending