The Student Room Group

3sum gone wrong

Me and my partner agreed on a 3 way. It was with a random girl he found on tinder, it all happened very quick and no boundaries were set or really discussed.
I ended up being left out, my partener did everything to the girl and did nothing but kiss me a few times… the girl touched me abit and kissed me and that was it. They did EVERYTHING you could think off n finished. I got nothing from it and she could tell I wasn’t okay and she asked mutilple times but I just said I was :frown: he noticed I was off but continued and later he regretted the whole thing. I am of course really mad, sad, frustrated, a lot of things. I broke it off with him as I’ve been hurt in similar situations previously. He apologied and said it was a new experience and he wanted to give me chance with her, however clearly I barely got one. He said he regretted it instantly and he was sat on the floor straight after with head in hand. We’ve been together 2 years, did I do the right thing? I feel awful.
(edited 2 years ago)
Run… run like the wind!

This happens a lot in cases where a partner wants to cheat. They use this excuse saying lets be in an open relationship or try a threesome.

You should go back only if you want to be in a relationship with someone who has cheated in front of you
Was the girl more attractive than you?
That's what happens when you agree to those
Reply 4
How comfortable are you with the idea of open relationships and threesomes? If you don't like the idea itself, make it abundantly clear to him without mincing any words. If he refuses, leave. If you like open relationships but don't like being sidelined, tell him that. In open relationships, jealousy can be a difficult factor to manage. Open communication and clear boundaries are key.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Run… run like the wind!

This happens a lot in cases where a partner wants to cheat. They use this excuse saying lets be in an open relationship or try a threesome.

You should go back only if you want to be in a relationship with someone who has cheated in front of you

What if he wasn’t the one who suggested it tho???
Reply 6
Original post by RoxyFoxx
How comfortable are you with the idea of open relationships and threesomes? If you don't like the idea itself, make it abundantly clear to him without mincing any words. If he refuses, leave. If you like open relationships but don't like being sidelined, tell him that. In open relationships, jealousy can be a difficult factor to manage. Open communication and clear boundaries are key.

Thankyou so much for your reply. I didn’t expect it to pan out the way it did I guess and it made me feel ways I didn’t want. Do you think it was a mistake on both of our parts?
Reply 7

No, how is this relevant lol
Reply 8
Original post by hungrysalamander
That's what happens when you agree to those

I guess a mistake which can be learned from tho??
Original post by Anonuserxxx
What if he wasn’t the one who suggested it tho???

Then it changes the whole dynamic. If it was you then please be open with him and draw clear boundaries. You can see his reaction and if you are afraid that it will lead to more problems you can even consider ending it.

If you want to salvage this relationship remember that in case this still comes up in your head everytime you two are together or make out then you need to it might ruin the relationship.

I am just worried about this part...
he noticed I was off but continued and later he regretted the whole thing

Why continue if he regretted it only to do this he was sat on the floor straight after with head in hand?
Usually when they regret something they stop right?

Lmfao.
Then it changes the whole dynamic. If it was you then please be open with him and draw clear boundaries. You can see his reaction and if you are afraid that it will lead to more problems you can even consider ending it.

If you want to salvage this relationship remember that in case this still comes up in your head everytime you two are together or make out then you need to it might ruin the relationship.

I am just worried about this part...
he noticed I was off but continued and later he regretted the whole thing

Why continue if he regretted it only to do this he was sat on the floor straight after with head in hand?
Usually when they regret something they stop right?

Again thanks for your reply.
Yeah boundaries should’ve been drawn, I should’ve stopped it as soon as I didn’t like it, so straight away.

The regret part was after he did it, I guess because I said I was ok but then acted the opposite made it confusing however he’s got things to work on too as I feel it was more him at fault.

Just wanted opinions <3
Ahh. Yes boundaries were definitely not set here and you should have spoken about this in advance.

A 3sum doesn't necessarily have to ruin a relationship, but both partners need to be on the same page.

You need to have a serious chat with your boyfriend about this.

He disrespected you by how he acted.
Ahh. Yes boundaries were definitely not set here and you should have spoken about this in advance.

A 3sum doesn't necessarily have to ruin a relationship, but both partners need to be on the same page.

You need to have a serious chat with your boyfriend about this.

He disrespected you by how he acted.

I agree, Thankyou very much. I’m a very understanding and forgiving person, we’re still leaning and growing and he knows he really should’ve stopped to just think and evaluate 🤷🏼*♀️I really appriciate your reply :smile:
Original post by Anonuserxxx
Again thanks for your reply.
Yeah boundaries should’ve been drawn, I should’ve stopped it as soon as I didn’t like it, so straight away.

The regret part was after he did it, I guess because I said I was ok but then acted the opposite made it confusing however he’s got things to work on too as I feel it was more him at fault.

Just wanted opinions <3

Things like these are usually quite confusing and complex so dont stress about it too much all at once, take your time. After seeing your reply I feel that it was more unintentional rather than planned so its probably better to talk everything out.

Be clear and see whats going on with him too. I feel after this stage it will strengthen your relationship or break it.
So whatever it is, you two work it out together slowly and since you two were together be patient as well with each other. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending