Does anyone have double vision?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I'd had intermittent strabismus since I was a kid, and corrected it via surgery when I was 18. However, a few years after surgery one of my eyes is slowly drifting again and I have double vision when I look to the left side; also when I put my hand in front of me and focus my eyes on my hand, the background becomes a blur and sometimes double. I've been to a gp, but they said it's not serious enough for them to consider treatment. I just feel really frustrated about it. Does anyone have similar experiences? Can you mitigate double vision or does it stay forever and only get worse?
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
Not sure if it's the same thing, but I have problems keeping my eyes looking in one direction when I'm tired (my left eye will often just move away to the left instead of looking straight). Probably best to speak to your optician to see what they think and whether they can help with this.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by black tea)
Not sure if it's the same thing, but I have problems keeping my eyes looking in one direction when I'm tired (my left eye will often just move away to the left instead of looking straight). Probably best to speak to your optician to see what they think and whether they can help with this.
I used to have this problem too, now my eyes look straight after surgery, but I have a slight double vision in some cases. My right eye also slightly drifts out when I cover the other eye, but not when both eyes can see. Yeah, I've spoken to my gp, she says it's fine and doesn't need correction; but this double vision just bothers me a lot... I wonder if they can give me some special lenses
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
I used to have this problem too, now my eyes look straight after surgery, but I have a slight double vision in some cases. My right eye also slightly drifts out when I cover the other eye, but not when both eyes can see. Yeah, I've spoken to my gp, she says it's fine and doesn't need correction; but this double vision just bothers me a lot... I wonder if they can give me some special lenses
**right eye slightly drifts out when I cover it and uncover quickly, not when I cover the other eye.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
I wonder if they can give me some special lenses
Quite possibly, hence it is probably worth speaking to your optician.
Kathy89
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Go to the optician and try prism lenses. If the don't help, check for another surgery.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Kathy89)
Go to the optician and try prism lenses. If the don't help, check for another surgery.
I did go to my opticians twice, but they just told me to do eye exercises... which, I'm not even sure how to
Kathy89
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I did go to my opticians twice, but they just told me to do eye exercises... which, I'm not even sure how to
Feel Free to talk to me on PM, maybe I can help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
7.2%
October 2021 (223)
44.6%
November 2021 (59)
11.8%
December 2021 (64)
12.8%
January 2021 (60)
12%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (43)
8.6%