cramming for a test help!

Watch
fzmannan
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I'm a year 12 student cramming for a chemistry test that I literally know nothing about I was thinking to focus on the mathematical side of things since that's my strong point but idk if I should do that or not I only have like a day and a couple hours tonight the subject is chemistry AS level alkanes and isomers
I'm sure lots of you have crammed before any tips to learn/revise as much as possible? I'm going insane

kpopfangirl
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by fzmannan)
I'm a year 12 student cramming for a chemistry test that I literally know nothing about I was thinking to focus on the mathematical side of things since that's my strong point but idk if I should do that or not I only have like a day and a couple hours tonight the subject is chemistry AS level alkanes and isomers
I'm sure lots of you have crammed before any tips to learn/revise as much as possible? I'm going insane
Ah cramming realistically will not help, but just do as much questions as you can using Physics and Maths tutor. Plus any topics you are stuck with Allery Tutors on YouTube has revision videos for all exam boards.

Chemistry questions tend to repeat so you just have to make sure you understand why an answer is...as trust me if you as many exam questions you will see that they are similar.

But you need to make sure you understand the content before anything
fzmannan
Rep:
that's the thing I literally didn't understand anything in class and felt so burnt out after college ended the I chilled for the whole holiday and now I'm trying to learn and revise which I don't think is possible I need to get my grades up and its killing me
arkeiws
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I've never tried cramming before but I remember hearing about a technique that supposedly works quite well if you're looking to learn whole topics in a short amount of time.

Basically, you either create a set of questions about the topic or find pre-made questions (like exam questions), and then, even if you don't know the topic at all, try and answer them closed book. Mark them, and then do the questions again, but open book, making sure they're all correct. Later on answer the questions again closed book, and you'll find that you've remembered a lot more than the first time you answered them.

Again, I've never tested this method but it's worth a shot. Good luck!
fzmannan
Rep:
thank you so much
kimchronicles
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
try to do as many exam questions as possible even if youre unsure of the content. then mark it in a diff coloured pen (questions ALWAYS repeat theyre so repetitive) so by the end of all these exam questions, youll have learnt sm. good luck!!!
fzmannan
Rep:
thanks!
Ranlly
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by fzmannan)
that's the thing I literally didn't understand anything in class and felt so burnt out after college ended the I chilled for the whole holiday and now I'm trying to learn and revise which I don't think is possible I need to get my grades up and its killing me
Try to be less tensed about the issue and focus on one thing in particular. You will make it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (21)
22.58%
Note taking apps (3)
3.23%
Flashcards (14)
15.05%
Revision guides (3)
3.23%
Past papers (47)
50.54%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (5)
5.38%

Watched Threads