The Student Room Group

pain down there (female)

i had my period on christmas day. yes i have made this thread before. anyway, i am 15, i have NOT had sex.
i use pads all the time because i am too scared to use tampons.
during my period i wore really thick pads that i had never used before. i went jogging for 30mins while wearing that pad. the day after, my vagina was sore, painful and itchy. i talked to my mom about this and she said that it was because i went jogging, so it created friction between the pad and my skin. the fact that i was also sweating a lot wouldn't have helped either.
so the next day i was in quite a bit of pain. the day after i got better. it was still itchy so i itched it. and the next day it got worse again.

i told my mom again, etc etc - i did cry a lot but that's because i overthink a lot.
my mom told me to put a bit of Cetraben cream down there and wear loose PJ trousers without any underwear so i did so. It got better the next day, and my mom wanted to go out shopping so i went. idk if it was becuase i walked too much but now (today) it is hurting a tiny bit again. DEFINITELY NOT as much as the first day though. when i apply cream, i noticed that it is a little bit inflamed and itchy, so maybe i scratched it too much??
today, i feel perfectly fine when i sit down; however, when i walk, i do feel a bit uncomfortable

basically, can i apply Sudocrem down there?? should i buy some??
i have school tmr which is why i am worrying
Is it it sore and itchy inside your vagina or on the outside? . If it's on the outside, it is probably just chafing and should heal up with a bit more time. If it's inside, it might be something like a yeast infection, which is a very common especially after a period, and is very easily treated - speak to your mum again and see what she thinks.
Reply 2
Original post by black tea
Is it it sore and itchy inside your vagina or on the outside? . If it's on the outside, it is probably just chafing and should heal up with a bit more time. If it's inside, it might be something like a yeast infection, which is a very common especially after a period, and is very easily treated - speak to your mum again and see what she thinks.

i feel like i'm bothering you so much, and in that case i am sorry.
when i mean the outside of the vagina i mean the labia area. not actually inside the vagina (not the place where you would insert the tampon).

i do keep speaking to my mom but she again still thinks its chafing. i actually did do some research on this and they said that chafing is common in that place especially after running/jogging.
i asked my dad to buy me some Sudocrem.
there are just 2 things that i am worried about:
-i have school tmr and i really don't want my vagina to hurt during school :/
- for some reason, i keep panicking that it's not chafing idk why. i feel like it's been quite long since i've had this. my period started on the 25th Dec and i would say that this started on the 27th/28th. maybe it's still happening because i have treated the chafing properly and because i'm still walking/doing activities it still is sore??
Original post by Anonymous
i feel like i'm bothering you so much, and in that case i am sorry.
when i mean the outside of the vagina i mean the labia area. not actually inside the vagina (not the place where you would insert the tampon).

i do keep speaking to my mom but she again still thinks its chafing. i actually did do some research on this and they said that chafing is common in that place especially after running/jogging.
i asked my dad to buy me some Sudocrem.
there are just 2 things that i am worried about:
-i have school tmr and i really don't want my vagina to hurt during school :/
- for some reason, i keep panicking that it's not chafing idk why. i feel like it's been quite long since i've had this. my period started on the 25th Dec and i would say that this started on the 27th/28th. maybe it's still happening because i have treated the chafing properly and because i'm still walking/doing activities it still is sore??

You are not, don't worry :smile:

You could take some painkillers for a few days to help with the pain whilst things are healing. But if things don't settle down, it might be worth speaking to your mum again and getting things checked out by a doctor. It won't be anything awful even if it more than chafing so try not to worry too much.
Reply 4
Original post by black tea
You are not, don't worry :smile:

You could take some painkillers for a few days to help with the pain whilst things are healing. But if things don't settle down, it might be worth speaking to your mum again and getting things checked out by a doctor. It won't be anything awful even if it more than chafing so try not to worry too much.

i really really really hope you are right, that it is just chafing.
i just applied sudocrem

Quick Reply

Latest