Older and sexually inexperienced

Watch
Ackhnologia
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
What could go wrong?

I'm in my early 30s and sexually experienced. I'm seeing a guy who is also sexually experienced. I think I might want to take things to the next level, but worried about what could go wrong. Also worried that he might be gay hence the lack of sexual experience, which would be a bigger disappointment should we try to take things to the next level.

I'm worried I could cause myself shame if I open myself up.
Op
Just find another man. You are a woman. You will be able to find a lot of experienced men.
You do not sound mature. For God's sake leave the poor man alone.
Ackhnologia
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
If you think he’s gay because he’s never had sex with a woman, by your own logic, wouldn’t that make you a lesbian?
Prsom.
Op said she is 30 but as the maturity of 16 kiddo girls.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ackhnologia)
For God's sake leave the poor man alone.
Agree. Sounds like OP just wants to use him for sex.
gracieee16
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
i can't comprehend large paragraphs and your storytelling made it worse... 😭😭😭 like there's so many things happening and you're literally both experienced but you ask how inexperienced people do stuff??? like what is the point???
Anonymous #4
Report 1 week ago
Discuss your worries with him, he should hopefully understand.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Op
Just find another man. You are a woman. You will be able to find a lot of experienced men.
You do not sound mature. For God's sake leave the poor man alone.
If I’m immature then why would I look for a more experienced man?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by black tea)
Agree. Sounds like OP just wants to use him for sex.
What makes you think I just want to use him for sex?
black tea
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
What makes you think I just want to use him for sex?
You suggesting his sexual inexpereince may lead to disappointment when you take "take things to the next level" made it sound that way
Ackhnologia
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
You suggesting his sexual inexpereince may lead to disappointment when you take "take things to the next level" made it sound that way
I am sure that it is just she does not have plenty of options like she would dream of. So the only man who seems genuinely interested in her, well, he is the same age and is virgin. How can a man this old be a virgin?
Of course he must be gay. Most normal straight men lose it at age 15.
OP you are mature. Just find an experienced man. There are plenty out there. But please, leave the poor man alone, please. Just for God's sake.
Anonymous #1
I am sure that it is just she does not have plenty of options like she would dream of. So the only man who seems genuinely interested in her, well, he is the same age and is virgin. How can a man this old be a virgin?
OP you are mature. Just find an experienced man. There are plenty out there. But please, leave the poor man alone, please. Just for God's sake.
But wouldn't it make sense for an inexperienced person to be with an inexperienced person?
black tea
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
To me, the fact that she thinks he is gay suggests she does not think he is interested in her...

To answer your question with a question, how can a woman that old be a virgin? Sometimes it just happens, for whatever reason. It is unusual, for sure, but not necessarily pathological. As for most "normal straight men" losing it at 15, what makes you think gay men don't lose it at 15?

I'm just going to assume you were being tongue in cheek with this post - my sleep deprived brain is unable to make any other interpretation of it.
black tea
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
But wouldn't it make sense for an inexperienced person to be with an inexperienced person?
To be honest, an inexperienced person in their 30s who wants to lose their virginity probably isn't in a good position to pick and choose.
concernedLMAO
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Quady
Gavin2016
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
You are right. It was a typo! I meant he is inexperienced.

I've never slept with anyone. Only done kissing.

I wonder if he's gay because he's never had a girlfriend.
Many guys these days haven't done it at older age. Studying, work and society culture and difficulty dating can all contribute massively to that. Women wanting to put of children to later or not at all contribute to that as they see no need to get to it. STD fears can contribute to that also. All adds up to a lot less reason for people having sex. Doesn't remotely mean he's gay because he hasn't done it yet. If he were gay he wouldn't bother with you he would be after sone guy. At your age might as well meet with him and see how it goes, if you both want to do it then up to you, protection, etc.
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by concernedLMAO)
Quady
lolololololololololol

Look at my post history in the relationships forum, basically naff all. You seem to be here a fair bit dontcha lol.
Ackhnologia
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
To me, the fact that she thinks he is gay suggests she does not think he is interested in her...

To answer your question with a question, how can a woman that old be a virgin? Sometimes it just happens, for whatever reason. It is unusual, for sure, but not necessarily pathological. As for most "normal straight men" losing it at 15, what makes you think gay men don't lose it at 15?

I'm just going to assume you were being tongue in cheek with this post - my sleep deprived brain is unable to make any other interpretation of it.
Euh
We were on the same page till now...
But you missed the point...
I am confused now. It is like you did a 180.
She is not concerned that he is not interested in her. She is concerned by the fact that he is the same age and still a virgin, hence, he is not a normal straight man, because he should have lose it long-time ago. Reason why she thinks he is a gay.
The question and all the other things mentioned was sarcasm...
I do not get you anymore...
I did not you were okay with OP. I shall be more careful next time...
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
Euh
She is not concerned that he is not interested in her. She is concerned by the fact that he is the same age and still a virgin, hence, he is not a normal straight man, because he should have lose it long-time ago. Reason why she thinks he is a gay.
If he’s not a normal straight man because he’s her age and still a virgin, then she’s not a normal straight woman either. If you think he is gay, why don’t you think she is a lesbian?
black tea
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Euh
I don't really follow your post but I certainly don't agree with OP's logic.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Gavin2016)
Many guys these days haven't done it at older age. Studying, work and society culture and difficulty dating can all contribute massively to that. Women wanting to put of children to later or not at all contribute to that as they see no need to get to it. STD fears can contribute to that also. All adds up to a lot less reason for people having sex. Doesn't remotely mean he's gay because he hasn't done it yet. If he were gay he wouldn't bother with you he would be after sone guy. At your age might as well meet with him and see how it goes, if you both want to do it then up to you, protection, etc.
Your post on here has been the most helpful so far. You have empathy to understand how either genders might get to this awkward dynamic. Thanks for your explanation.
Anonymous #1
Euh
You interpreted my post and reasoning correctly, even though your advice was unhelpful.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.41%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.69%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (139)
26.13%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.27%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (256)
48.12%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.38%

Watched Threads