Lymphoma or no ?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hey guys. 2 weeks ago my skin started itching. Everytime I stand up I feel dizzy but for the past week I’ve been sleeping at 2-5 AM n wakes up at 2PM normally. I’m having my a bit of tummy pain, a tiny bit, it doesn’t even hurt but I can feel it. I have a lump in my right underarm which doesn’t feel bigger or anything. Itchy skin still comes sometimes. Do I have cancer or not, I’ve been worrying for the past 2 weeks. My mum says I don’t, and my dad too. She won’t let me check with the GP just yet so I need answers from you lot. Thank you
ellheehee
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
go see a GP! none of us are qualified to diagnose you.
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
...Do I have cancer or not...
Are you seriously going to trust people on a student forum telling you if you either:

- have cancer or

- don't have cancer?

Go and speak to your GP, over the phone if required.
beccaslan
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
I don't think any of us are qualified to give a diagnosis. And we don't even know enough to try and give an opinion. It could be lymphoma, but it could also be a red bump, scratch, or skin problem. We could never know. When I had it a thought, it was a dermatological problem. I went to the dermatologist, and apparently, it was lymphoma. So I suggest you do the same thing I did. Go to see a doctor. They'll run some blood tests and give a precise diagnosis.
ecolier
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by beccaslan)
I don't think any of us are qualified to give a diagnosis...
Some of us are We just shouldn't!

(It's against this forum's rules and definitely against GMC guidance)
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by beccaslan)
I don't think any of us are qualified to give a diagnosis. And we don't even know enough to try and give an opinion. It could be lymphoma, but it could also be a red bump, scratch, or skin problem. We could never know. When I had it a thought, it was a dermatological problem. I went to the dermatologist, and apparently, it was lymphoma. So I suggest you do the same thing I did. Go to see a doctor. They'll run some blood tests and give a precise diagnosis.
is there anyway you can get treatment without doing chemo?
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
You won’t know that until you know the diagnosis, which you won’t know until you go to see your GP/ medical professional.
KA_P
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
That's for you to discuss with your GP, we can't give you reliable information
Napp
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ecolier)
Are you seriously going to trust people on a student forum telling you if you either:

- have cancer or

- don't have cancer?

Go and speak to your GP, over the phone if required.
Are you questioning my ability to diagnose a serius illness, sight unseen, to a stranger on a forum?! How jolly dare you sir!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
7.2%
October 2021 (223)
44.6%
November 2021 (59)
11.8%
December 2021 (64)
12.8%
January 2021 (60)
12%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (43)
8.6%