The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford Materials PhD applicants 2021-2022

Hello everyone!

I applied to Materials PhD at Oxford for the November deadlines. I couldn't find any other postgraduate applicants forums for Materials at Oxford.

Did anyone have an interview yet? What projects did you apply to and where will you be graduating from?

I will make a start, I will be graduating with a BEng from Loughborough (expected grade: First)

I have applied to: 1. Developing Digital Field Ion Microscopy for Nuclear Materials Research
2. Mechanisms for the control of fatigue resistance of advanced lightweight nano-composites
3. High Entropy Alloys
4. Novel Approaches to Investigate Structural Properties of Nuclear Materials, Strain Mapping and Inverse Modelling

Look forward to hopefully reading some responses 🙂🤗
Reply 1
Hi there!

I also submitted my DPhil application for the November deadlines. I had an interview on 12th December. The professor told me I will be expecting the final decision from the end of Jan to early Feb.

I will be graduating with an MSci in Chemistry from Imperial (expected grade: First).
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Original post by Bingcan
Hi there!

I also submitted my DPhil application for the November deadlines. I had an interview on 12th December. The professor told me I will be expecting the final decision from the end of Jan to early Feb.

I will be graduating with an MSci in Chemistry from Imperial (expected grade: First).

Thanks for the response! Did you only have one interview? Or did you only apply for one project? (I can't recall if picking four topics was compulsory), wishing you best of luck with the outcome!
Reply 3
I applied for four projects too, but I’ve only got one interview invitation so far. How about you🙂
(edited 2 years ago)
Hello there! I also applied for Material Science. I finished my interview last Friday but still not hear the response. Does this mean I have a high probability of being rejected? Very depressed :frown:. Thank you.
Original post by Rebecca wang
Hello there! I also applied for Material Science. I finished my interview last Friday but still not hear the response. Does this mean I have a high probability of being rejected? Very depressed :frown:. Thank you.

Please don't worry! I think it says it can take the department 6-8 weeks! Hope it went well and if you wanted to join a Materials Oxford PhD applicant group chat let me know in private 🤗
Hi Everyone I also applied for Dphil Materials Science November Deadlines. anyone heard any news? :frown:
Original post by IloveMaterials
Please don't worry! I think it says it can take the department 6-8 weeks! Hope it went well and if you wanted to join a Materials Oxford PhD applicant group chat let me know in private 🤗

Hi There, I saw this reply and I'm new here. So I can't message you in private :frown: I also applied for Materials Oxford PhD for Nov Deadlines. May I join the group chat? It would be great to hear something from others as well
Hi guys,I applied in to the November deadlines as well, haven't heard from them yet.May I also join the group? Would be great to hear from other applicants.Warm regards.
Hi,

I also applied for a DPhil in Materials and recently received an invite to interview. Would appreciate any insights/help. Also, do let me know how I can join any relevant groups for applicants to this program.

Thanks!
Original post by kvasudeva
Hi,

I also applied for a DPhil in Materials and recently received an invite to interview. Would appreciate any insights/help. Also, do let me know how I can join any relevant groups for applicants to this program.

Thanks!

Hi,

I have applied to the November deadline as well, but I haven’t heard anything from them. May I know when did you get the interview invitation?

Thanks!
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi everyone,

I will be applying for this course. If you have any advice in general, could you let me know? I'd like to apply for the projects David Armstrong is working on

Quick Reply