Of Mice and Men 2022 predictions (WJEC)

Watch this thread
Varshnay
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Does anyone know what character is likely to come up for the exam on Tuesday?
Wjec_Examin_er
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
I personally believe that we will find out on Jan 11th. Hope that was helpful.

(Original post by Varshnay)
Does anyone know what character is likely to come up for the exam on Tuesday?
Wjec_Examin_er
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by user852971563014)
Honestly I don’t really know, but I know that Crooks hasn’t been used since January 2017 and Lennie hasn’t been used since Summer 2016 so it could be one of them. It’s just an idea so don’t hold me against it lol. Also, Slim hasn’t been used since January 2012 so idk but I’m praying it’s not on him loll. It’s super hard to revise all the characters and remember quotes for them as we just don’t know what character will come up. But anyways gl for Tuesday
Tysm gl to u 2 - we are rlly sweating for said examination , as it directly addresses the prevalence of the role of welsh students in 6th form
anonxo_xo
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
No idea however I'm hoping it's Crooks as I'm confident with his character. Considering the BLM movement in the past two years it wouldn't shock me if he was to be used in the character question as it is a very topical subject.
wedf
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Wjec_Examin_er)
I personally believe that we will find out on Jan 11th. Hope that was helpful.
What was it??
DanGreenberg
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by wedf)
What was it??
Hey, might be a bit late but the questions were as follows

Of Mice and Men
Answer 0 1 and either 0 2 or 0 3 .

0 1
Read the extract on the opposite page. Then answer the following question:
How does John Steinbeck present the character of Lennie here? Refer closely to the extract in your answer. [10]

0 2
Loneliness affects the characters in Of Mice and Men in different ways. How does Steinbeck use the loneliness of these characters to highlight some aspects of American society in the 1930s? [20]

0 3
‘Ideas about masculinity are central to Steinbeck’s portrayal of 1930s America in
Of Mice and Men.’ To what extent do you agree with this statement? [20]

'''
Only Lennie was in the barn, and Lennie sat in the hay beside a packing case under a manger in the end of the barn that had not been filled with hay. Lennie sat in the hay and looked at a little dead puppy that lay in front of him. Lennie looked at it for a long time, and then he put out his huge hand and stroked it, stroked it clear from one end to the other.
And Lennie said softly to the puppy, ‘Why do you got to get killed? You ain’t so little as mice. I didn’t bounce you hard.’ He bent the pup’s head up and looked in its face, and he said to it, ‘Now maybe George ain’t gonna let me tend no rabbits, if he fin’s out you got killed.’
He scooped a little hollow and laid the puppy in it and covered it over with hay, out of sight; but he continued to stare at the mound he had made. He said, ‘This ain’t no bad thing like I got to go hide in the brush. Oh! no. This ain’t. I’ll tell George I foun’ it dead.’
He unburied the puppy and inspected it, and he stroked it from ears to tail. He went on sorrowfully, ‘But he’ll know. George always knows. He’ll say, “You done it. Don’t try to put nothing over on me.” An’ he’ll say, “Now jus’ for that you don’t get to tend no rabbits!”’
Suddenly his anger rose. ‘God damn you,’ he cried. ‘Why do you got to get killed? You ain’t so little as mice.’ He picked up the pup and hurled it from him. He turned his back on it. He sat bent over his knees and he whispered, ‘Now I won’t get to tend the rabbits. Now he won’t let me.’ He rocked himself back and forth in his sorrow.
From outside came the clang of horseshoes on the iron stake, and then a little chorus·of cries. Lennie got up and brought the puppy back and laid it on the hay and sat down. He stroked the pup again. ‘You wasn’t big enough,’ he said. ‘They tol’ me and tol’ me you wasn’t. I di’n’t know you’d get killed so easy.’ He worked his fingers on the pup’s limp ear. ‘Maybe George won’t care,’ he said. ‘This here God damn little son-of-a-***** wasn’t nothing to George.’

'''
Lyrax838
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
this exam was easy af
UrMother x
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Who was it on?
UrMother x
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I have a mice of men exam coming up 25th of this month ,it’s a resit I was wondering does anyone know who the essay question is on
DanGreenberg
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by UrMother x)
I have a mice of men exam coming up 25th of this month ,it’s a resit I was wondering does anyone know who the essay question is on
Ik people doing that resit, I cant guarantee anything but im predicting its Curley's wife and feminism. This is because Masculinity came up in winter and curley wife hasnt been done before.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (59)
34.5%
The paper was reasonable (68)
39.77%
Not feeling great about that exam... (28)
16.37%
It was TERRIBLE (16)
9.36%

Watched Threads