Information and Skills to support Master's Students

Watch
Pixie_Nik
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hello! I'm an educator that is very interested in the experiences of Master's students - and in particular, better understanding what support, help and advice students studying at Master's level would benefit from that help them make the most of their Master's journeys.

I'd be really grateful if existing or past Master's students would be willing to share their own perspectives - from what obstacles or barriers you've enountered that you think educators could provide guidance (or better guidance) on how to address/overcome - to areas where you think that more specific support is needed. This could be on anything relating to your university experience, or any part of your Master's journey.
Pixie_Nik
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello! I'm an educator that is keen to better understand what support, help and advice students studying at Master's level would benefit from.

I'd be really grateful if existing or past Master's students would be willing to share their own perspectives - e.g. What obstacles or barriers you've enountered that you think educators could (or should) provide guidance (or better guidance) on how to address/overcome, to broader areas where you think that more specific support is needed. This could be on anything relating to your uni experience/Master's journey.

Thank you!
madygh13
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Heya! My friend did her MA and the main issue she used to always complain about was the coursework review. She said compared to her undergrad it was very generic.

The other thing was how Unis were full of undergrad students who had lots to do and lots of friends, meanwhile masters students had very little options and fewer friends. Not sure if these issues were specific to Masters students or her Uni.
Pixie_Nik
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by madygh13)
Heya! My friend did her MA and the main issue she used to always complain about was the coursework review. She said compared to her undergrad it was very generic.

The other thing was how Unis were full of undergrad students who had lots to do and lots of friends, meanwhile masters students had very little options and fewer friends. Not sure if these issues were specific to Masters students or her Uni.
Thanks so much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.24%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.67%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (141)
26.16%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.16%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (261)
48.42%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.34%

Watched Threads