Help- what to wear to a football match (UK)

Watch
BuckysGirl
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
My father in law has invited me to the Newcastle United game on Saturday but i havent been to a game in 15+ years 😂

What do i wear (i dont own any club merch)?

I also dont have a massive interest in football but want to spend some time with him so any advice would be appreciated

Thanks
Tracey_W
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by BuckysGirl)
My father in law has invited me to the Newcastle United game on Saturday but i havent been to a game in 15+ years 😂

I also dont have a massive interest in football but want to spend some time with him so any advice would be appreciated

Thanks
Hi

Wear your normal clothing as long as you wrapped up well as weather might be cold by weekend.
Don't worry not having clubs colours on ok as I have been to many games to watch my team without my team colours on me as sometimes I went straight from work wearing work uniform. Buy a scarf from the sellers at the ground as that as good as anything .

Enjoy the game okay and it don't matter you not having interest in football as it's time with your in laws okay.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 week ago

Thanks
Just ordinary clothes. That is not a prom where you are invited. For the sympathy you can buy a newcastle scarf (to keep your neck warm!) or a Newcastle cap (to keep your head warm!).
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Trainers, jeans, jumper/pullover & a jacket.

Adidas white trainers & a CP company/belstaff/stone island jacket is the stereotypical dress.
HaydenFordz
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 week ago

Thanks
i think you should bring UKIP merch, and a massive UK flag aswell as painting your face the english flag. also white trainers and black joggers
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by mnot)
Trainers, jeans, jumper/pullover & a jacket.

Adidas white trainers & a CP company/belstaff/stone island jacket is the stereotypical dress.
That sounds good. That is what I think of ordinary clothes for a football match.
5andero
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 week ago

Thanks
Wear a Sunderland shirt with Adam Johnsons name on the back
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (56)
12.33%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (8)
1.76%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (122)
26.87%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (41)
9.03%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (212)
46.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (15)
3.3%

Watched Threads