The Student Room Group

tips on catching up with a levels

i've realized that i messed up really bad. im really behind on my a-levels (maths, further maths, computer science), and there's literally a few months till the exams.

the thing is that i have no idea where to even start studying from. i've missed so many chapters, and there's alot of chapters i need to revise. do i start from the beginning of the spec, the chapters i've missed, or the topics we're currently doing in class? i have no idea.

i would like to go over everything from the first chapter, because it makes more sense. it's just how i like to work things. but then i will have no clue about the topics we are currently studying in class (i can barely learn anything in class). and my teacher will keep nagging me asking if i've catched up which gives me more stress. just wondering if anyone has tips
hi, i was in the exact same spot as you. what year are you in at college?
I need to catch up too UGH
Original post by ellheehee
hi, i was in the exact same spot as you. what year are you in at college?

im in year 13
Hi, I am not sure about computer science but I have done maths a level and am going to take the 2022 further maths exam.

I would go back over the end of topic tests and end of year exam (if your school provided them) and see which topics you did the worst on, I would relearn those subjects first. Apart from that I would say that it is not to late to still get a great grade, just do the best you can with what you have.

I would recommend when relearning a topic, to reread the text book and then do a couple of the questions at the beginning of the exercise and then do all of the harder questions at the end.

Good luck and remember your teachers seem to want what’s best for you.
There are some videos that summarise the whole course (maths) on YouTube, maybe those can help
Reply 6
Original post by stressingrn
i've realized that i messed up really bad. im really behind on my a-levels (maths, further maths, computer science), and there's literally a few months till the exams.

the thing is that i have no idea where to even start studying from. i've missed so many chapters, and there's alot of chapters i need to revise. do i start from the beginning of the spec, the chapters i've missed, or the topics we're currently doing in class? i have no idea.

i would like to go over everything from the first chapter, because it makes more sense. it's just how i like to work things. but then i will have no clue about the topics we are currently studying in class (i can barely learn anything in class). and my teacher will keep nagging me asking if i've catched up which gives me more stress. just wondering if anyone has tips

Go on YouTube and find those videos like "a level maths in 15mins!". Just to summarise it all maybe.

Quick Reply

Latest