a level edexcel geography

Watch this thread
potatounicorn05
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Hey does anyone have any exam questions for globalisation?
Nav03
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
1. Explain one reason why many people in the developed world support the global shift of industry.
2. Assess the methods used in local communities to reduce the impact of globalization on the environment.
3. Explain one reason for the emergence of a multipolar world.
4. Assess the reasons why the growing resource needs of superpowers and emerging countries result in tensions.
5. Explain why globalization results in cultural erosion in some parts of the world.
potatounicorn05
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Nav03)
1. Explain one reason why many people in the developed world support the global shift of industry.
2. Assess the methods used in local communities to reduce the impact of globalization on the environment.
4. Assess the reasons why the growing resource needs of superpowers and emerging countries result in tensions.
5. Explain why globalization results in cultural erosion in some parts of the world.
thank you so much
bruisedbanana
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Nav03)
which year is this from?
mystudentlife
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Nav03)
Do u have any for

- carbon
-water
-tectonics
bruisedbanana
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by mystudentlife)
Do u have any for

- carbon
-water
-tectonics
These are all from 2020 papers, Edexcel

Tectonics:
1. Assess the relative importance of physical factors and processes in explaining the impacts of volcanic eruptions? (12)

Water:
1.Explain one event of an El Nino event on the hydrological system? (4)
2. Explain how the physical features of a drainage basin affect the shape of storm hydrographs? (6)
3. Explain why human actions often increase water insecurity? (8)

Carbon and Energy:
1. Assess the importance of renewable energy in reducing the risks of further planetary warming? (12)
2. Evaluate the view that changes to the carbon cycle pose more threats to people than changes to the water cycle? (20)
Last edited by bruisedbanana; 4 months ago
mystudentlife
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by bruisedbanana)

Tectonics:
1. Assess the relative importance of physical factors and processes in explaining the impacts of volcanic eruptions? (12)

Water:
2. Explain how the physical features of a drainage basin affect the shape of storm hydrographs? (6)

Carbon and Energy:
1. Assess the importance of renewable energy in reducing the risks of further planetary warming? (12)
2. Evaluate the view that changes to the carbon cycle pose more threats to people than changes to the water cycle? (20)
TYY!!
kaiipickard
Rep:
Report 4 months ago

Tectonics:

Water:

Carbon and Energy:
do you have any for the human paper?!
bruisedbanana
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by kaiipickard)
do you have any for the human paper?!
which topics?
kaiipickard
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
globalisation, superpowers and regeneration
kaiipickard
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
which topics?
bruisedbanana
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Globalisation/Superpowers:

Assess the extent to which improvements in gender equality may lead to higher national incomes per capita? (12)
Explain one effect on key resources such as oil, from rising middle-class consumption in emerging superpowers? (4)
Assess the role of TNCs in developing the economic importance of superpowers? (12)

Regenerating Places:
Suggest possible reasons why Hartlepool's unemployment rates are likely to remain higher than those of England? (6) (There is a resource for this, showing the unemployment rates of hartlepool)
Explain how international and global influences have shaped the social characteristics of your local place? (6)
Evaluate the view that successful regeneration always relies on changing perceptions of an area? (20)
Emilypriorxo
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
do you have coasts?
kaiipickard
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Emilypriorxo)
do you have coasts?
yes i did! i’ve done both papers now and the majority of those questions weren’t on it, and i’m pretty sure it was the 2020/2021 paper
EpicMe235
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
yes i did! i’ve done both papers now and the majority of those questions weren’t on it, and i’m pretty sure it was the 2020/2021 paper
Do you know the 2021 questions for coasts and tectonics? Thank you so much
Emilypriorxo
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
What were the questions for coasts??
kaiipickard
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by EpicMe235)
Do you know the 2021 questions for coasts and tectonics? Thank you so much
not sure if it was the 2021 paper. for tectonics, the 4 marker was a graph you had to fill in and a line of best fit; the 12 marker was on how an earthquake’s magnitude impacts its effects. for coasts, there were two picture questions (both 6 marks), one about depositional processes and one about isostatic sea level change. there was an 8 marker on sustainable management of coasts. the 20 marker was something like this, “assess the fact that geophysical factors are the main reasons for the rate of coastal recession”. hope this helps! i also have water questions, and the human paper too
EpicMe235
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
not sure if it was the 2021 paper. for tectonics, the 4 marker was a graph you had to fill in and a line of best fit; the 12 marker was on how an earthquake’s magnitude impacts its effects. for coasts, there were two picture questions (both 6 marks), one about depositional processes and one about isostatic sea level change. there was an 8 marker on sustainable management of coasts. the 20 marker was something like this, “assess the fact that geophysical factors are the main reasons for the rate of coastal recession”. hope this helps! i also have water questions, and the human paper too
Thank you so much! What were the diverse places and globalisation questions if you don’t mind me asking?
kaiipickard
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by EpicMe235)
Thank you so much! What were the diverse places and globalisation questions if you don’t mind me asking?
no worries! i didn’t do diverse places, i did shaping places so didn’t have that. it might be the same, so there was a 3 marker on why wages are different in parts of the uk and two 6 markers on the spiral of decline and on demographic characteristics of your local place. for globalisation, there was a 3 marker about how international economic organisations promote free trade and a 12 marker on how the global shift creates more social costs than benefits. on the paper, the section was globalisation/superpowers. there was a small section of maths questions which are easy (one is % increase) and a 12 marker on how hard power is used to determine superpower status. hope this helps
EpicMe235
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
no worries! i didn’t do diverse places, i did shaping places so didn’t have that. it might be the same, so there was a 3 marker on why wages are different in parts of the uk and two 6 markers on the spiral of decline and on demographic characteristics of your local place. for globalisation, there was a 3 marker about how international economic organisations promote free trade and a 12 marker on how the global shift creates more social costs than benefits. on the paper, the section was globalisation/superpowers. there was a small section of maths questions which are easy (one is % increase) and a 12 marker on how hard power is used to determine superpower status. hope this helps
Thank you! Just to make sure was the exam board edexcel ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (123)
41.84%
Not yet, but I will soon (54)
18.37%
No (117)
39.8%

Watched Threads