Some questions about second year accommodation/colleges

Watch
oimcoi
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi, a few questions

I currently reside in an ensuite in Furness.

If I was to go for the standard option how many people would I be sharing communal bathrooms with (I'm currently in Furness).

Is it possible for me to switch colleges and get on campus accommodation in that college, I preferably would like to live in a townhouse as I've heard they have 6 bathrooms for 12 people much bigger space and much cheaper than what I'm currently paying for the ensuite at Furness.

How many people share communal bathrooms at Chancellors wharf? And do they have wired internet, a router in the wall like on campus accommodation?

Thanks!
normaw
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
I think the first thing you need to do is speak to your college administrator because I don't think it is possible to move to accommodation in a different college if you are already enrolled in one - but do check this as I am not 100% sure. Chancellor's Wharf is different as it is open to applicants from all colleges (and it does say on the web site that it has high-speed internet). Why don't you ask accommodation services if you can have a look round, but don't hang around as applications opened on 1 December.
Lancaster University
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by oimcoi)
Hi, a few questions

I currently reside in an ensuite in Furness.

If I was to go for the standard option how many people would I be sharing communal bathrooms with (I'm currently in Furness).

Is it possible for me to switch colleges and get on campus accommodation in that college, I preferably would like to live in a townhouse as I've heard they have 6 bathrooms for 12 people much bigger space and much cheaper than what I'm currently paying for the ensuite at Furness.

How many people share communal bathrooms at Chancellors wharf? And do they have wired internet, a router in the wall like on campus accommodation?

Thanks!
Hi oimcoi,

From the title of this thread I am assuming you want to change for next year accommodation rather than this year? If you are thinking about next year, I pose the question, would you prefer to stay on campus for second year over being in town? I personally prefer living in town to campus.

In terms of switching, I know it is possible as one of my flatmates in second year (I was on campus for things out of my control) did change colleges to be with his friends over a flat of people he didn't get along with. However, I think this is space dependent as one of my flatmates had just left the halls, keeping a room free. It is probably an easier switch between years, though you may have to argue your case to the administrators.

I would email the college admin of the college you want to switch to.
Good luck!

Hope this helps,
Jake (third year at Lancaster University)
𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭𝔂
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 11 minutes ago
Daughter loved her townhouse in first year, but for the price for 44 weeks she didn't make the full use out of it. She lives in the city (2nd year) sharing with 8 between 2 bathrooms, and the ratio is not that bad, there's always one free. now most are moving on with study abroads and work placements, so 3rd year shes moved to private halls in the city for almost the same price as the townhouse for the same 44 weeks and she has an ensuite and double bed, and kitchen shared with 12 and a TV. She knows she will be sharing with other 3rd/2nd and 4th years, but shes pretty cool with that. She did consider chancellors wharf as well as an option
Last edited by 𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭𝔂; 10 minutes ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (34)
7.28%
October 2021 (212)
45.4%
November 2021 (52)
11.13%
December 2021 (61)
13.06%
January 2021 (52)
11.13%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (41)
8.78%