The Student Room Group

BurstingBubbles 2022 Wellbeing Blog!

Hi all!

2021 was another strange year and I definitely slacked on my wellbeing goals. I did look after my wellbeing to a certain extent which I'm proud of.

My goals from last year and how I got on:

Spoiler

But hopefully with the monthly check ins and prizes this year, it'll help to keep me on track. More info here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7150060

My 2022 goals:

1. Write in my journal each day - my, soon to be, mum in law got me a lovely journal for Christmas which I've started writing in each day. I find it helpful to process the day but also it helps me document memories!

2. Meditate for 5 minutes a day - last year I didn't set myself a measurable or achievable target for this. I'm hoping 5 mins a day is achievable. I'm hoping to use music and YouTube videos to help.

3. Read for at least 10 minutes a day - I've never been great with reading, it seems to take a lot of concentration and attention for me. But I'd love to read more books. So hopefully reading for 10 minutes a day will build up a good habit.

Why you want to work on your wellbeing:

I've already taken a big step in my career/personal life to improve my wellbeing. I want to keep this going on a day to day basis too. I think this year is the best shot I've got at improving my mental health and wellbeing.

Your thoughts/feelings about the year ahead:

I'm feeling cautiously optimistic. Lots of things to hopefully look forward to e.g. my wedding, honeymoon, hopefully some travelling too if COVID allows!

Any nominations for others you think might like to make a blog:

I'm nominating shadowdweller, summerbirdreads, and HaydenFordz :biggrin:

Tag List for me to copy into updates:
[noparse]
@summerbirdreads
@HaydenFordz
@1secondsofvamps
@AestheticStudying
@0ptics
@The_Lonely_Goatherd
@Food!!
@shadowdweller
@niamhdoesmaths
@KA_P
[/noparse]
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BurstingBubbles

My 2022 goals:

1. Write in my journal each day - my, soon to be, mum in law got me a lovely journal for Christmas which I've started writing in each day. I find it helpful to process the day but also it helps me document memories!

3. Read for at least 10 minutes a day - I've never been great with reading, it seems to take a lot of concentration and attention for me. But I'd love to read more books. So hopefully reading for 10 minutes a day will build up a good habit.

I'm nominating @shadowdweller @summerbirdreads and @HaydenFordz :biggrin:

I tried journaling for the past 3 years and failed lol... last year it lasted till April but I did write a lot in 2020 though.. If you want good book recommendations, tag me!! I'll be more than happy to help.. I can even recommend you some great sapphic novel if you like reading fiction, these books will make you want to read more even :wink:.

I think I'll have to pass on the blog though.. my current blog is a chaotic mess but a good one at that! I get my stuff done and the blog is like a big support group for everyone who comes.. it's quite lovely.
Wowzers little me nominated :smile:
Original post by summerbirdreads
I tried journaling for the past 3 years and failed lol... last year it lasted till April but I did write a lot in 2020 though.. If you want good book recommendations, tag me!! I'll be more than happy to help.. I can even recommend you some great sapphic novel if you like reading fiction, these books will make you want to read more even :wink:.

I think I'll have to pass on the blog though.. my current blog is a chaotic mess but a good one at that! I get my stuff done and the blog is like a big support group for everyone who comes.. it's quite lovely.

Haha that's fair enough. The way I see it though is with the voucher prize if you did it weekly it's only like 4 posts a month and being in with a good chance of £20 at least once :mmm:
Original post by HaydenFordz
Wowzers little me nominated :smile:

PRSOM! Thought you could be good at making a fun and engaging thread :biggrin:
PRSOM! Thought you could be good at making a fun and engaging thread :biggrin:

well, what can i say, ive gone ahead and done it :lol:
well, what can i say, ive gone ahead and done it :lol:

Amazing! I'm following :biggrin: let's see if we can try and keep each other on track with remembering! Remember I'm old so my memory is going :shakecane: :giggle:
Amazing! I'm following :biggrin: let's see if we can try and keep each other on track with remembering! Remember I'm old so my memory is going :shakecane: :giggle:

:lol: ofc, got it pinned, just need to set reminders, im going to try and do it 3 times a week, updates on life then anyway :lol:
:lol: ofc, got it pinned, just need to set reminders, im going to try and do it 3 times a week, updates on life then anyway :lol:

Amazing! Please feel free to prod me as much as you like :lol:
Amazing! Please feel free to prod me as much as you like :lol:

now you have given me permission :evil:
Journaling is a great goal to have! It does such wonders for your mental health :cute:
Haha that's fair enough. The way I see it though is with the voucher prize if you did it weekly it's only like 4 posts a month and being in with a good chance of £20 at least once :mmm:

Damn... I didn't know that...
now you have given me permission :evil:

I have :colone:
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
Journaling is a great goal to have! It does such wonders for your mental health :cute:

Thank you! I'm really enjoying it so far. It helps me think about what I've done that day and makes me realise even pn a quiet day what I've enjoyed and achieved. Really want to stick to it. Then when I'm older I hope I read it and look back on it fondly :love:
Original post by summerbirdreads
Damn... I didn't know that...

More info here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7150060 :biggrin:

Thank you!!
Hi all!

2021 was another strange year and I definitely slacked on my wellbeing goals. I did look after my wellbeing to a certain extent which I'm proud of.

Spoiler

But hopefully with the monthly check ins and prizes this year, it'll help to keep me on track. More info here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7150060

My 2022 goals:

2. Meditate for 5 minutes a day - last year I didn't set myself a measurable or achievable target for this. I'm hoping 5 mins a day is achievable. I'm hoping to use music and YouTube videos to help.

I've already taken a big step in my career/personal life to improve my wellbeing. I want to keep this going on a day to day basis too. I think this year is the best shot I've got at improving my mental health and wellbeing.

I'm feeling cautiously optimistic. Lots of things to hopefully look forward to e.g. my wedding, honeymoon, hopefully some travelling too if COVID allows!

Omg I love this! :hugs:
u've just reminded me to make my wellness blog :colondollar:
Hi all!

Spoiler

My 2022 goals:

Can’t rep due to PRSOM but I can’t wait for this to progress! Hope you achieve your goals. :woo:
Original post by AestheticStudying
u've just reminded me to make my wellness blog :colondollar:

Can’t wait! I’ve seen your other blogs and they’re really amazing, so I have no doubts that this one will also be amazing. You got this! :biggrin:
Original post by 0ptics
Can’t wait! I’ve seen your other blogs and they’re really amazing, so I have no doubts that this one will also be amazing. You got this! :biggrin:

ur acc gonna make me cry, tysm!!! :hugs: :heart:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending