University of Birmingham LLB

Watch this thread
ONB___
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
How lenient is Birmingham for Law? Their offer calculator says that I would likely to get a conditional offer of A*AA (even though my predictions are AAA.) I’m not confident in achieving the A* Are they likely to accept me with AAA?
Last edited by ONB___; 5 months ago
UoB - Arts and Law
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by ONB___)
How lenient is Birmingham for Law? Their offer calculator says that I would likely to get a conditional offer of A*AA (even though my predictions are AAA.) I’m not confident in achieving the A* Are they likely to accept me with AAA?
Hello! At Birmingham Law School we would definitely encourage you to apply with AAA predicted grades. Although our standard offer is indeed A*AA, remember that predicted grades are not direct reflections of your potential achieved grades so you may indeed excel AAA! In some years we are able to accept students who are just short of the standard offer of A*AA. I cannot guarantee that this would definitely happen as it is entirely dependent upon applications, intake, spaces available and such, but I hope this offers some reassurance in the meantime.

With that in mind, I wish you the best of luck and hope to see you in September!

Dave, Marketing and Student Recruitment Co-ordinator, College of Arts and Law
RedLamp444
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by ONB___)
Hi there, I'm a 1st year LLB Law student at Birmingham.

Firstly, I need to stress that UoB's 'usual' requirements for Law are AAA. They offered me AAB however (my predictions were AAA and I ended up getting AAB at A-Level), because for our year they lowered the grades as compensation for COVID. They've raised it to A*AA because our cohort is really full-up and they want to take less students for this year.

Because of this, I think they would accept you with AAA definitely, I think a lot of unis put their requirements up purposely to put people off from applying so they don't get too many applications. Kind of like how Leicester's requirements are AAB when I know a friend who got in for Law at Leicester with BBC.
natali3sdd
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I have appplied for law at UoB this septmeber I emailed their admissions team like last month and they told me they are strict with their grades. if you do not meet the A*AA you won't get a place.
Interesting that they have said you can definitely get in with AAA.
My friend is going Cambridge and they told him they woudl accept him if he got one grade lower.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
When I went to the open day, the person giving the Law talk said it depends on the amount of people who achieve the required grades, as well as whether you firm or insure. I have a feeling they will accept a decent amount of AAA students who firm them but getting the grades is the on way to be 100% sure unfortunately. Birmingham is already quite popular for law because they did not require the LNAT and it’s a popular city.
Heath3rxo
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Just firmed Brum for LLB law, had an unconditional because I've already got my grades, any law gcs I can join?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Heath3rxo)
Just firmed Brum for LLB law, had an unconditional because I've already got my grades, any law gcs I can join?
Did UoB reject anyone for law this year?
UoB - Arts and Law
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi Everyone!

I thought I'd just help with the above so everyone has a clear idea of Birmingham Law School's admissions. Our current entry requirements are A*AA and this is the condition that students need to fulfil to be given a place with us; students who are unlikely to achieve this have been rejected by our admissions department. In some circumstances, we are able to consider students who narrowly missed this criteria if we have any spaces available. This varies year upon year dependent upon particular circumstances.Dave, Marketing and Student Recruitment Coordinator, College of Arts and Law
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (23)
33.33%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (31)
44.93%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (14)
20.29%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.45%

Watched Threads