My partner is struggling to get hard whilst sex

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
my boyfriend is currently 17. in the past we had sex, he's been able to get hard without a problem. yesterday morning he was able to get hard randomly as he's in the mood even whilst we're not having sex. however in the afternoon we were in bed and he wasn't able to get hard even after 2 hrs of being in bed. after awhile he managed to get hard once but after 2 mins of intercourse he wasn't hard anymore.

he's just as confused as I am, he doesn't understand why that's the sudden issue and tells me that he was in the mood and reassures me that its not my fault because it has never happened before. his sex drive seems to be fine, its just the problem of getting an erection. i try my best to reassure him that im not upset/mad at him about it since its something he does feel bad and embarrassed about although he cant control it.

can anyone please give suggestions on how to prevent this from happening again or reasons why it might be the case??? thank you
Tracey_W
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
There's not much wrong with him as he is capable of things when he obviously want to do things with you or outwith.
Sometimes stress, tiredness, anxiety can creep in at wrong time but he probably be fine say tomorrow as difficult to say,
Any concerns should be talked over with your GP just for reassurance if anything for you both.

I'm a nhs registered midwife but you should if any worries speak to his GP.

Have a look through this okay.
https://www.nhs.uk › mens-health

Why can I not get and keep an erection? - NHS

(Original post by Anonymous)
my boyfriend is currently 17. in the past we had sex, he's been able to get hard without a problem. yesterday morning he was able to get hard randomly as he's in the mood even whilst we're not having sex. however in the afternoon we were in bed and he wasn't able to get hard even after 2 hrs of being in bed. after awhile he managed to get hard once but after 2 mins of intercourse he wasn't hard anymore.

he's just as confused as I am, he doesn't understand why that's the sudden issue and tells me that he was in the mood and reassures me that its not my fault because it has never happened before. his sex drive seems to be fine, its just the problem of getting an erection. i try my best to reassure him that im not upset/mad at him about it since its something he does feel bad and embarrassed about although he cant control it.

can anyone please give suggestions on how to prevent this from happening again or reasons why it might be the case??? thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (46)
12.23%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (7)
1.86%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (94)
25%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (34)
9.04%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (181)
48.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (14)
3.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise