The Student Room Group

2022 Philosophy Applicants Thread

Hi! I'm interested who is applying to do philosophy at university this year? Feel free to put what course you're doing (whether it's joint honours etc), predicted grades and where you're applying to.

Course: Philosophy
Predicted Grades: AAA
Unis: Bristol, Nottingham, Durham, Leeds, Edinburgh
Offers: Bristol, Nottingham, Leeds (so far)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lucythompsonn
Hi! I'm interested who is applying to do philosophy at university this year? Feel free to put what course you're doing (whether it's joint honours etc), predicted grades and where you're applying to.

which one is your favourite?
Original post by LostGeeza!
which one is your favourite?

Edinburgh :smile:
Edinburgh :smile:

U'll defo get that. U got any idea about what job u want with that though?
Original post by LostGeeza!
U'll defo get that. U got any idea about what job u want with that though?

God I have no idea. I’m thinking of maybe going into politics after but I think i’m gonna wait until uni to think about jobs
God I have no idea. I’m thinking of maybe going into politics after but I think i’m gonna wait until uni to think about jobs

good luck G, have fun wherever u end up
Reply 6

Hi! I'm applying for Philosophy to UCL (rejected) and Kings, Philosophy and Politics to Edinburgh and Leeds (offer) and the Cambridge Foundation Year. My predictions are A*AB (Politics, History and French). What A Levels do you do?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 7

Hello!
Course: Philosophy and Psychology / Philosophy with Psychology
Predicted Grades: A* A* A* A - Psychology, Geography, PE and Biology
Unis: Leeds, Warwick, Nottingham, Durham, Edinburgh
Offers so far: Leeds, Nottingham

the philosophy admissions tutor at warwick said by they aim to give offers out by the end of february, if that's helpful to anyone :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)

Hi! i've applied to Cambridge, UCL, St Andrews, Edinburgh, and Bristol, so far I've only received offers from Bristol and UCL (waiting for the others is gonna be the death of me I swear lol)
Original post by GabrielA3
Hi! I'm applying for Philosophy to UCL (rejected) and Kings, Philosophy and Politics to Edinburgh and Leeds (offer) and the Cambridge Foundation Year. My predictions are A*AB (Politics, History and French). What A Levels do you do?

I do English Lit, History and Philosophy :smile: What about you? Also when did you get your edinburgh offer? still waiting on that one
Original post by eakathiotis
Hi! i've applied to Cambridge, UCL, St Andrews, Edinburgh, and Bristol, so far I've only received offers from Bristol and UCL (waiting for the others is gonna be the death of me I swear lol)

literally the wait for edinburgh is killing me lmao
Reply 11

hiiiii
Course: Philosophy and theology
Predicted: A*AA
Unis: St-Andrews, Oxford, Durham, Manchester, York
Offers: Manchester, York (so far)
Rejections: Oxford (rip)
I do English Lit, History and Philosophy :smile: What about you? Also when did you get your edinburgh offer? still waiting on that one

I do French, History and Politics. Oh, no, I haven't had my Edinburgh offer yet, although I wish I did.
literally the wait for edinburgh is killing me lmao

i know right!! a bunch of people I know have received offers/heard back from like 4/5 of their unis already! u bet i'm checking my emails about 20 times a day lol
hellooo
Course: Philosophy/Philosophy and Sociology
Predicted: A*A*A
applying to: Edinburgh,Bristol,Manchester,Leeds,York
Offers from: Leeds and York
hi i’m also applying for philosophy
predicted: ABB (eligible for access ucl)
unis: UCL, royal holloway, birbeck, hertfordshire, roehampton (offers from all minus ucl)
but the ucl wait is scary
omg I just found this thread
I'm predicted AAA (retake student, but I qualify for contextuals)
applied to LSE UCL Kings Royal Holloway and Birkbeck
haven't heard back from my top 3 yet, i'm terrified!!!
Hi! I just found this. :smile:

I'm predicted A*A*A*
Straight philosophy course
Applied to Sheffield, Newcastle, Cambridge, Bristol and Birmingham - offers from all except Cam.
I've firmed Sheffield and am super excited!
Hiiii

Course: Philosophy and Theology / Philosophy, Religion and Ethics
A levels: A*A*A in religious studies, art and design and physics (I’m on a gap year so I already have them)
Offers: Nottingham, Exeter, Birmingham, Sheffield
Hi!
A Levels: I'm an international applicant, so my qualifications are entirely different
Unis: Cambridge (rejected :c), St. Andrews, Warwick, Bristol, UCL
Offers from: Only Bristol so far
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest