Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Watch
doodle1707
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, so im trying to keep as many doors open as possible so i want to look for a apprenticeship in-case i decide not to go to University.

I am currently in Year 13 studying Geography, Business & Psychology. My favourite would be geography and that is what i would be doing at University, but i would also like to mix with business such as trade, human geogrpahy, and business sustainability.

Im just wondering if apprenticeships even exist for what im interested in such as for sustainability and the environment or if they simply don't do apprenticeships for this subject area.

Please give me any info you have, it will all be appreciated!
TangyPanda
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
Go on the government website:

https://www.findapprenticeship.servi...hMode=Category

You can put in your postcode and see what's available in your area. If you use the 'browse' function, you can look at all the apprenticeships available in different sectors, for example "construction, planning and the built environment" is one category on there. So just have a look at what's out there. I found my apprenticeship through this browse function and ended up getting a job in a field I hadn't anticipated because of it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.24%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.67%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (141)
26.16%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.16%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (261)
48.42%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed