The Student Room Group

most effective way to revise for maths, sciences, geography and german?

hi, i'll be starting my gcse's somewhere in late may so that gives me around 4-5 months left to revise everything i can. i want to be confident in what i know by the time it arrives, so i'd prefer to start early, considering how much i regret my approach to my mocks lol.

maths, sciences (more on chemistry and physics than biology), geography and german are probably the subjects i find hardest to retain things in my memory in, so i just wanted to know what would be an effective way to revise without burning out so quickly.
Past papers.. make sure you understand the concepts though
Original post by summerbirdreads
make sure you understand the concepts

what would be a good way to do this? would flashcards or a list of questions be too much? or would reading the revision guide be fine?
Reply 3
I found a new website. Notes, summaries, questions.. There is everything.. The things that teachers and students share..

gcsetime.com
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by jaesix
what would be a good way to do this? would flashcards or a list of questions be too much? or would reading the revision guide be fine?

It depends on the person.... rev guide along with freesciencelessons would be fine for science and flashcards are for memorising. Practise for maths ofc
Reply 5
science - do as many exam questions as you can since the mark scheme is really similar for similar questions. Also do application questions as these require you to actually use your knowledge. you should also go over topics aren't so good at just to solidify your knowledge - then do exam questions for the topic. Make sure you mark as you go along - helps you remember the correct answers.

Maths - again just do exam questions really. If you get something wrong check the mark scheme on how to do the question, if you still don't understand something watch a video on it

geography - i would recommend making mind maps on each topic (i did this and it really helped). Maybe make flashcards for each of your case studies. Also learn definitions because they are easy 1/2 markers that you can get. Practise the longer style questions more as you will need you to write more, explain/reason and also require information from your case studies.

i would give you help on languages but i don't know how i made it through French haha
(btw i did aqa for triple science and geography, edexcel for maths )

i hope this helped!!

Quick Reply

Latest