Is psychology accepted as a science a-level

Watch this thread
Hxllx
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I plan to do engineering in university (I want to do software or robotics engineering as a job). I am sad to say that I'll have to do maths...which I am good at but I find a little annoying. I was wondering, does psychology class as a science in this case?? Some universities require you have a science a-level and I may have a slight mentalbreakdown if I have to do physics...although I don't mind biology.

(okay edit: I WON'T LITERALLY HAVE A MENTAL BREAKDOWN GUYS- IWAS EXAGGERATING,,, I just find physics really annoying especially all the equations. It is interesting but annoying.)
Last edited by Hxllx; 4 months ago
skylark2
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
If you can't face physics at A level, I'd suspect you're going to hate any sort of mechanical-related engineering at degree level. I think you need to do more investigation into this - my impression is more that most universities will require both maths and physics than that a few might need a science as well as maths.
ArtisticScreech
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
It's worth looking at different universities' entry requirements, but in general I believe Maths is required and physics is sometimes required but doing both gives you the best range of options. But if you don't think you will enjoy maths and physics you may want to consider a different degree - what about computer science, or psychology/neuroscience?
Hxllx
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by ArtisticScreech)
It's worth looking at different universities' entry requirements, but in general I believe Maths is required and physics is sometimes required but doing both gives you the best range of options. But if you don't think you will enjoy maths and physics you may want to consider a different degree - what about computer science, or psychology/neuroscience?
Thank you!! I was actually thinking of doing computer science,, I wouldn't mind maths but I can't stand all the equations and rules of physics. For some reason I can remember maths equations really well but never physics.
I would pick neuroscience if it was an option since I already do psychology,, but it isn't an option in any sixth forms near me. Then at the moment,, my options I'll pick are maths, computer science, psychology and french^^
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Hxllx)
I plan to do engineering in university (I want to do software or robotics engineering as a job). I am sad to say that I'll have to do maths...but I was wondering, does psychology class as a science in this case?? Some universities require you have a science a-level and I may have a slight mentalbreakdown if I have to do physics...although I don't mind biology
If physics A-level will cause a mental breakdown then engineering or a related subject probably isn’t for you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (62)
34.83%
The paper was reasonable (70)
39.33%
Not feeling great about that exam... (28)
15.73%
It was TERRIBLE (18)
10.11%

Watched Threads