Are degree apprenticeships hard ?

Watch
goneclear
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Thinking of doing a degree apprenticeship in accounting, is it hard managing a degree and working a real 9-5 job full time (4days a week and uni work 1 day a week)?
JVM2020
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
I work full time and do an apprenticeship that is only to be done in work hours.

You could speak with your employer about this and find out the modules / study time required on the course.
dpsng
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by goneclear)
Thinking of doing a degree apprenticeship in accounting, is it hard managing a degree and working a real 9-5 job full time (4days a week and uni work 1 day a week)?
I do a degree apprenticeship in banking and finance and so far its been one of the best decision. Managing time has been fine just make sure you dont get too behind because it becomes an overload of things to do. Other than that had a blast and earning full time grad salary from it. We have a uni whatsapp group where we can all stay close with each other and catch up so its a very close and nice envirnoment to ask questions and make friends. My team is very supportive of me and teach me loads daily so that I can learn on the job. Pretty much perfect experience for me so far.
Chris2892
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
My work life balance during my 5 year degree apprenticeship was very challenging at times, specifically as exams approached.

My university often lectured in the first semester, and then bunched multiple assignment deadlines together near and just after the January exams.

Worst case, I would work from 8am to 4pm, and then study/revise, and complete assignment work until 10pm every weekday, and study 10 hours on a weekend for about 3 months (November - January). Sometimes I’d need to do this again for a month or two near the end of semester 2. (I didn’t leave work last minute either).

Although you work full time during the summer holidays, it does allow for some relative relief since you don’t have any academic study. Though I still did 5-10 hours after work each week over summer catching up on the apprenticeship portfolio work.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
7.2%
October 2021 (223)
44.6%
November 2021 (59)
11.8%
December 2021 (64)
12.8%
January 2021 (60)
12%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (43)
8.6%