The Student Room Group

Is it worth applying to accomodation now?

So I have accepted my uni offers I have a firm and insurance choice (starting September 2022) and was wondering whether it's worth applying for accomodation before the student finance application even opens (I think this opens in March)?
Reply 1
You can anticipate ahead of time how much maintenance loan you will be allowed, as it is based off family income and where you will be studying. I suggest doing this then weighing up accommodation choices based on that.
Thank you, I have an idea of how much maintenance I will be receiving and the accomodation I am looking at is a few thousand pounds less than the anticipated maintenance amount I will receive, I guess I will just apply for accomodation before the student finance applications open so I can have better chance of landing the accomodation I want, a little bit risky but should be okay I guess
You usually can't apply for Uni accom this early - at most Unis applications open around Easter, and you will be emailed by your Firm Uni with the details about how/when to apply.
Ohhh, my uni allows you to put in an application for 2022/23 right now, however they haven't sent me any email about sorting my accomodation yet, so might be safe to wait until then
Original post by Cybernerd003
Ohhh, my uni allows you to put in an application for 2022/23 right now, however they haven't sent me any email about sorting my accomodation yet, so might be safe to wait until then

It's not really risky because you will not be committed to going to that accommodation yet. At this stage the uni probably aren't even asking you to pay a deposit?
Got you thank you 👌👌

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending