The Student Room Group

anyone know how to get photoshop running like a functioning program?

hey! I'm new here, sorry if this isn't in the right place, but whatever, I have photoshop 2020 and the thing runs terribly on my laptop, which when trying to re-teach yourself photoshop, isn't the most ideal.

(for some extra info, I used cs2 and cs3 in the past, but stopped using the program due to high prices, and just general dislike of adobe products losing quality over time. sadly for my course and considering its industry-standard I need to get back into using photoshop again.)

in the SIMPLEST TERMS, please I'm not a tech person, does anyone have any idea how to make it run so I can draw without getting super annoyed at the lag?
i have like 3 other programs open on my laptop along with photoshop (discord, chrome and spotify) and I really really don't think 'professional' software should run this slowly, if clip studio paint can run just fine with 5 programs + league running in the background.

thanks to anyone that can help!
Reply 1
Photoshop is heavily CPU and RAM based. I assume your laptop's specs aren't that good if PS is lagging that much? Try to keep any other apps/tabs closed. Best thing to do really is just buy a better laptop?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending