The Student Room Group

TSR Christian Society (2022)

Here is the next iteration of the TSR X Soc where we will share our thoughts in God!
My first big post will be how I experienced God in the HKCCC 2022 Youth Revival Conference which went ahead despite fears of Omicron.
Reply 1
Here is how I experienced God during the HKCCC 2022 Youth Revival Conference, which is themed Vessels.

This camp is set under a story of a computer game. We started off with icebreakers on gather.io, completing missions as a group. Then in the evening, we had six more missions, experiencing trials of life as the missions were so tough to complete! Especially the one when 4 songs are played together at once and we had to guess their names! In the sharing session, we talked about how we feel without God, and our failures in faith. I was falling behind on some YouVersion plans in 2021 and I felt like my Christian life was a failure. I sometimes feel powerless as well, and I seldom give credit to God for successes (like my 92% thread).
We then built vessels with clay the following morning. Mine was made up of four colours. Blue shows my negative feelings which I tend to have during studies. Green is about the times I feel I lost God. Orange is the colour of my first idol, which is Pluto (Disney) as I have 20+ Pluto plush toys with the first one being bought 15 years ago. But an expanding section of red shows how Jesus transforms that into his ways and words, which I should treasure. Then we did a silent drama on how Jesus transforms us, as we need to think of some actions to give to our partners to care about them. I did something similar to the "Aromatherapy" job experience in BabyBoss (Taipei) which I did back in 2014 to relieve stress of my partner.
In the afternoon, we experienced God through two of five different ways. I chose a reflection on a picture and copying a Bible passage, and it was the latter which touched me. It was Matthew 5:1-10 and it gives me a call to be different in my uni, with The Message version touching me. I hope to be content that everything is from God as he leads us to win over the world, and into his quietness and out of my uni's competitive nature. This is involved in my letter to Jesus, which we needed to write after we complete the experiences.
It was a message at night, about how we work in God and see his light as he chose us to make us into his desired image, so we will not feel depressed and hopeless even in trials. We then broke the necklace we wore during the camp (it has markings of the preciousness of God) and put it into the vessels we made, as a sign of how God's word and Spirit came unto us. This gives us the true power to face the devil.
I accepted the call to serve God out of work if I need to, so I went to a special session about Christian workers. I will take part in mission trips or gap year internships at Christian organisations if God's calling comes.
Workshops were on the 3rd day, and I chose one about minority ethnic groups in China, which was anti God as a whole with huge challenges while serving them (such as harsh environment, language barriers, rejection and even prosecution by the locals).
The closing ceremony told us to gain the wisdom of God, get rid of arrogance through the Holy Spirit, and keep praying and obeying God, such that we win the battles in this age with God. I have made pledges in front of God, to join 3-5 outreaches on campus (was touched since I saw someone committing suicide in my uni), wake up early for God first, paying credit to God for all his blessings on me and get back on track with this challenge:
https://musicmotivation.com/hymn-challenge/

At the end was some campus time knowing the needs of people in my uni and knowing how to serve them.

It was a really fruitful camp, as it is more experience-based, different to most of the church camps which are message-based. I have gained more in God through this camp, despite it being shorter than those in church.
Reply 2
Of interest to oriental people especially
https://youtu.be/GWQ0FViXHL0
Reply 3
A sister from my church tested positive for COVID yesterday, and her family was one I know, as her son works with me for the broadcasts. They had to self isolate at home for the next two weeks.

That was so heartbreaking to know, may God bless them and the sister can get well soon! This is the second person near me who tested positive, after my friend in Australia who tested positive on 4th January.
Heyyyy I love Jesusssss, he is my lifeee.
He is risen:cool:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending