"Current Employment" Section... (Masters)

Watch
Scienceisgood
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey Guys;

I am currently applying for a masters course and am on the employment section of the application. Thing is, it is referring to my "current employer" in which I've had two jobs.

My first was as a medical lab assistant (Band 2) and was a Medical Lab Assistant for 3 months (5 if you include the 6 weeks in which I was employed but not actually brought in as I was officially a paid employee as of the 18th Jan, but the lab didn't open until 1st March, so I was essentially paid for 6 weeks to sit on my ass and do nothing at home).

However, a couple of months after starting, I applied for the associate practitioner role in the labs (Band 4) and got accepted which I have been doing since June.

Should I put down both, one as a previous and one as a current employer, even though it is the same employer or should I just put down my current employer, say I was employed in Jan but put down my current job?
Last edited by Scienceisgood; 1 week ago
lalenemalik1998
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
Hey,

I would put down your current job that you are doing
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Scienceisgood)
Hey Guys;

I am currently applying for a masters course and am on the employment section of the application. Thing is, it is referring to my "current employer" in which I've had two jobs.

My first was as a medical lab assistant (Band 2) and was a Medical Lab Assistant for 3 months (5 if you include the 6 weeks in which I was employed but not actually brought in as I was officially a paid employee as of the 18th Jan, but the lab didn't open until 1st March, so I was essentially paid for 6 weeks to sit on my ass and do nothing at home).

However, a couple of months after starting, I applied for the associate practitioner role in the labs (Band 4) and got accepted which I have been doing since June.

Should I put down both, one as a previous and one as a current employer, even though it is the same employer or should I just put down my current employer, say I was employed in Jan but put down my current job?
Put what reflects best for you. That's the original starting date (regardless of work) and notes the promotion within a few months.
Scienceisgood
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by threeportdrift)
Put what reflects best for you. That's the original starting date (regardless of work) and notes the promotion within a few months.
Thank you for your response.
I do need to ask though, despite my contract beginning in January, the lab didn't officially open until 1st March. Would you suggest putting in the start date (began work on 1st March) and stating that as it shows I was promoted in a shorter space of time? Or would that seem a little deceptive as to me saying I've been working for the lab longer than I have been?

Should I get the position, I am hoping to keep working until I officially start my masters meaning I will have approximately 15 months experience in a diagnostic lab come September.

My lab's contract has since been extended until 31st September which, should I get the position is almost ideal for myself as it will provide me with continuous work until I start the course.
Last edited by Scienceisgood; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.24%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.67%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (141)
26.16%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.16%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (261)
48.42%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.34%

Watched Threads