What medical issues would result in a stay in hospital?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
What common medical conditions would result in a stay in hospital of at least 3 nights?

Excluding:
Appendectomy
Cancer
Central nervous system problems
Covid

I know a lot of operations are now done as day surgery not requiring as stay in hospital? But what do?
EOData
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
Sepsis? Stoke? Heart attack?

You might well not be in hospital for 3 days with an appendectomy,
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by EOData)
Sepsis? Stoke? Heart attack?

You might well not be in hospital for 3 days with an appendectomy,
Stroke is a central nervous system problem which I’ve excluded.

But yes I guess Sepsis and heart attack would be possible.
Cancelled Alice
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
Planning on dodging work or school? I guess it’s not school because it isn’t currently exam season.
Muttley79
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Stroke is a central nervous system problem which I’ve excluded.

But yes I guess Sepsis and heart attack would be possible.
Heart surgery, spinal surgery, premature birth
ssana.khz
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
What common medical conditions would result in a stay in hospital of at least 3 nights?

Excluding:
Appendectomy
Cancer
Covid

I know a lot of operations are now done as day surgery not requiring as stay in hospital? But what do?
I was in hospital for 4 days because I had a very fast heart rate and heart aches. They usually take things like this seriously and the hospital will need to keep you in for observation.

Obviously hospital is boring, **** food and no visitors because of covid. But I was in the hospital for the whole of November because they did actually find a syndrome thing I’ve been born with.

Thankss x
Pathway
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I was in hospital for 3 weeks because of asthma as an example. Loads of things can cause you to be in hospital for a long time.

Interested to know what prompted the OPs question though.
_Rusty_
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago

Excluding:
Appendectomy
Cancer
Covid

Out of curiosity, why do you want to know?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
7.2%
October 2021 (223)
44.6%
November 2021 (59)
11.8%
December 2021 (64)
12.8%
January 2021 (60)
12%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (43)
8.6%