how important are A-level y12 mocks?

Watch this thread
yasa99656
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Look I know I didn't revise hard enough. So I am very worried for my results I was just wondering how Important these are and do these effect my application to uni
Last edited by yasa99656; 4 months ago
lalenemalik1998
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
Hey!

Mock exams don't have an effect to your application to universities, only the real ones do
bxcs
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by yasa99656)
Look I know I didn't revise hard enough. So I am very worried for my results I was just wondering how Important these are and do these effect my application to uni
Unless we go into another lockdown and won't sit real exams, not particularly important. However, for good measure try your hardest because we don't know when the next out-of-school period will happen and you don't want the stress of having bad mock grades.
Aathira N
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Hey, year 12 mocks Don't count. year 13 ones however may count! This is because of the event of cancelled A level exams(maybe due to Covid) and Teacher assessed grades need to be used.
However, I would say Don't stress too much about it, you have only started and there is a long way to go, you can always improve next time 😀
Last edited by Aathira N; 4 months ago
_Kestrel_
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
In my college, our year 12 mocks played a significant factor in our predicted grades (which you apply to UCAS with), however they weren't the only factor and you can always discuss with teachers/head of deputy your situation. For example, if you aren't happy with this mock grade and want to prove you can get higher, your teacher might arrange for you to do some extra tests to give you that opportunity. If you get a higher grade, your teacher might be more prepared to be optimistic in your predictions.
Last edited by _Kestrel_; 4 months ago
planktion34
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
pretty important, but not the end of the world

you still have loads of time start papers asap
username4500092
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
I would say important, as they influence ucas predicted grades. Also please revise, it will make y13 a bit easier, content wise, I made that mistake and honestly y13 for me was a nightmare haha.
t0897
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
doing well in y12 ones helps to revise well for your y13 exams because yk what to improve on
even so, its easier to improve from your 12 exams than leaving it till y13
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (133)
43.32%
Not yet, but I will soon (54)
17.59%
No (120)
39.09%

Watched Threads