nausea and bloating

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
For the last few days I have been feeling bad. It started on 1st January - when I woke up I was very nauseous and bloated, slept through most of the day, but in the evening I felt better, so I just thought it was some weird hangover cause the day before, on New Years Eve, I ate a lot and drunk a bot, so it made sense. But then when I woke up the next day, I felt very similar. And it has been like this ever since - I’m nauseous and bloated in the morning, then I feel a bit better after lunch. I vomited twice during this time after some food that my stomach didn’t ‘accept’, it wasn’t like food poisoning cause it was almost right after and only once and then I felt lowkey better.
I thought it could be due to coffee cause I used to feel similar when I drunk very milky coffee (probably due to the milk or something), so I cut it out completely and drunk it black and yesterday and today didn’t drink coffee at all, but it didn’t help, I still felt similar. Today I’ve been feeling bad for the whole day and didn’t even feel better after lunch :/
I know what you’re gonna say that I should visit a doctor, but due to many commitments I had this week, I have to wait till next week.
If anyone has any idea what this is or what could help with the nausea, I would be grateful.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
For the last few days I have been feeling bad. It started on 1st January - when I woke up I was very nauseous and bloated, slept through most of the day, but in the evening I felt better, so I just thought it was some weird hangover cause the day before, on New Years Eve, I ate a lot and drunk a bot, so it made sense. But then when I woke up the next day, I felt very similar. And it has been like this ever since - I’m nauseous and bloated in the morning, then I feel a bit better after lunch. I vomited twice during this time after some food that my stomach didn’t ‘accept’, it wasn’t like food poisoning cause it was almost right after and only once and then I felt lowkey better.
I thought it could be due to coffee cause I used to feel similar when I drunk very milky coffee (probably due to the milk or something), so I cut it out completely and drunk it black and yesterday and today didn’t drink coffee at all, but it didn’t help, I still felt similar. Today I’ve been feeling bad for the whole day and didn’t even feel better after lunch :/
I know what you’re gonna say that I should visit a doctor, but due to many commitments I had this week, I have to wait till next week.
If anyone has any idea what this is or what could help with the nausea, I would be grateful.
Are you pregnant?
EnglishNOOb101
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
try very bland food and see if that helps, drink some more water and maybe try peppermint/ginger tea instead.
Anonymous #1
Are you pregnant?
Well, my flatmate suggested this too, but I don't think it's possible since I had my period last month. It was lighter than usual, but it means there's no pregnancy, right?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by EnglishNOOb101)
try very bland food and see if that helps, drink some more water and maybe try peppermint/ginger tea instead.
Well, I don't feel like eating anything tbh and I tried ginger tea cause I've heard it might help, but I got sick even from it's smell :/
Anonymous #3
Report 3 weeks ago
Well, my flatmate suggested this too, but I don't think it's possible since I had my period last month. It was lighter than usual, but it means there's no pregnancy, right?
do you use contraception? if not I suggest getting a pregnancy test or just doing one just in case
Anonymous #1
do you use contraception? if not I suggest getting a pregnancy test or just doing one just in case
Yes, I do. OMG I thought it protects you, right? Do you think I might be pregnant? I REALLY hope not, I can't have a child rn
Anonymous #3
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes, I do. OMG I thought it protects you, right? Do you think I might be pregnant? I REALLY hope not, I can't have a child rn
well i mean there's always a small chance that whatever method of contraception you use may not work, I think that maybe doing a pregnancy test might be good to do rn just to be sure and then you should go to see your gp regardless of whether the test comes back positive or negative
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (36)
7.2%
October 2021 (223)
44.6%
November 2021 (59)
11.8%
December 2021 (64)
12.8%
January 2021 (60)
12%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (43)
8.6%