The Student Room Group

Maths and science help?

I am currently in year 10 and am struggling with maths and science.
I cannot pass a foundation maths paper- i am getting less than 50% and i am getting about 13/110 on science papers.
I’ve been revising a lot but nothing seems to help and I just forget everything. The explaining science questions are really difficult for me to answer.
I wondered if anyone had any tips or resources to help me up my grades. I am aiming to atleast be able to get a 4 in maths and science by the end of the year as I really want to pass.
I have watched youtube videos to help and videos on Oak Academy but they still don’t seem to help and it feels as if I will never be able to pass.
For English lit and lang i would also appreciate tips.. I am better at english than maths & science but still don’t seem to be passing at the minute. I am also home educated so have to learn everything by myself, but I wasn’t doing any better when I was in school…
Someone please help as it feels like i have no hope at the moment.
Original post by anonymous1462
I am currently in year 10 and am struggling with maths and science.
I cannot pass a foundation maths paper- i am getting less than 50% and i am getting about 13/110 on science papers.
I’ve been revising a lot but nothing seems to help and I just forget everything. The explaining science questions are really difficult for me to answer.
I wondered if anyone had any tips or resources to help me up my grades. I am aiming to atleast be able to get a 4 in maths and science by the end of the year as I really want to pass.
I have watched youtube videos to help and videos on Oak Academy but they still don’t seem to help and it feels as if I will never be able to pass.
For English lit and lang i would also appreciate tips.. I am better at english than maths & science but still don’t seem to be passing at the minute. I am also home educated so have to learn everything by myself, but I wasn’t doing any better when I was in school…
Someone please help as it feels like i have no hope at the moment.

Maths: - try these: https://www.missbsresources.com/teaching-and-learning/mathspassports
If these don't work I have lots of other suggestions
English: Mr Bruff
Original post by Muttley79
Maths: - try these: https://www.missbsresources.com/teaching-and-learning/mathspassports
If these don't work I have lots of other suggestions
English: Mr Bruff

Thankyou 😁
Reply 3
Reply 4
for science, use physicsandmathstutor
they offer a lot of gcse science questions and revision resources
for maths, you can use websites such as hegartymaths, corbettmaths, mathsgenie etc
honestly, the best way to revise for something doing past papers.

Quick Reply

Latest