The Student Room Group

Likelihood of getting a uni offer if not meeting minimum requirements? (Paramedic)

I finished school a few years ago, graduating with a BBBC at Scottish Higher. I've also went and got an HNC in Communications at college. I'm thinking of applying to paramedic science at Caledonian & UWS, some experiences since I've left school have got me much more interested in pursuing a career in this sector. However while I meet minimum / standard requirements, one of my subjects isnt a science. Is there still a point in applying? Is there any chance / worthwhile. Or should I just buckle up and go to college to get a Higher in a science for a year.
You can always call them to double check ahead of applying, but the answer is more than likely going to be that you'll need to buckle up as essential subjects are not usually flexible.
As you finished a few years ago then you could just take an access course?
Check with the uni's you're thinking of applying for, but as said above, you'll probably have to do an access course especially since Paramedic Science is one of the more competitive healthcare degrees to get onto to.

Quick Reply

Latest