Girlbyeee
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Year 12s have unit 2 & 3 exams coming up next week and i know that if you fail January exams you get to do retakes in the summer but what happens if you fail those resit exams aswell? Do you get kicked off the course? Or will they let you still do the course in second year? Im really stressed about whats about to happen
Last edited by Girlbyeee; 1 week ago
emily528
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Girlbyeee)
Year 12s have unit 2 & 3 exams coming up next week and i know that if you fail January exams you get to do retakes in the summer but what happens if you fail those resit exams aswell? Do you get kicked off the course? Or will they let you still do the course in second year? Im really stressed about whats about to happen
Depends on what your coursework grades are like
Girlbyeee
Rep:
(Original post by emily528)
Depends on what your coursework grades are like
Are coursework grades more important than these unit exams?
GayForJKyle
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Are coursework grades more important than these unit exams?
They are both important, but try to get distinctions on your coursework then its less stress and higher grades
emily528
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by GayForJKyle)
They are both important, but try to get distinctions on your coursework then its less stress and higher grades
That’s what I was going to say
Girlbyeee
Rep:
So i shouldn’t be as worried if i fail my unit exams or don’t get as good as i expected?
emily528
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
So i shouldn’t be as worried if i fail my unit exams or don’t get as good as i expected?
What grade do you want overall?
Girlbyeee
Rep:
What grade do you want overall?
Aiming for a distinction but i would be okay with a merit
emily528
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Aiming for a distinction but i would be okay with a merit
So you need to try get all distinctions in coursework and at least a merit in the exams for a distinction. For a merit you need at least merits in al coursework and a pass in the exam. If you fail an exam it’s likely it’ll have an impact on your overall grade so just bear that in mind
Girlbyeee
Rep:
So you need to try get all distinctions in coursework and at least a merit in the exams for a distinction. For a merit you need at least merits in al coursework and a pass in the exam. If you fail an exam it’s likely it’ll have an impact on your overall grade so just bear that in mind
Get distinctions in like Like EVERY single coursework?
emily528
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Get distinctions in like Like EVERY single coursework?
Yeah pretty much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (73)
13.18%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.62%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (142)
25.63%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
7.94%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (268)
48.38%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.25%

Watched Threads