The Student Room Group

'to what extent is german economic stability determined by foreign nations 1919-32'

so i am having trouble with writing up essays for history (our board is edexcel we are doing germany and west germany), we were given this as a question and I chose treaty of versailles as my agreeing point but i don't really know which specific evidence i should pick from it as i don't want to waffle, also chose us loans as my agreeing point too and hyperinflation as my disagreeing point but again i don't want to waffle too much as i wanna include the wall street crash but idk. explaining and analysing it has also got me stumped someone help me aha
Reply 1
Original post by jihyolvr
so i am having trouble with writing up essays for history (our board is edexcel we are doing germany and west germany), we were given this as a question and I chose treaty of versailles as my agreeing point but i don't really know which specific evidence i should pick from it as i don't want to waffle, also chose us loans as my agreeing point too and hyperinflation as my disagreeing point but again i don't want to waffle too much as i wanna include the wall street crash but idk. explaining and analysing it has also got me stumped someone help me aha

u can basically talk about stuff like how the depression hit, and there was hyperinflation, as like, ur negatives, but ur positives can be about stressemann's rule as yk fixing the economy. treaty of versailles... hahaha, the thing is, germans blamed that piece of paper for everything that went wrong, and u can use that to explain reparations and loans, but I wouldn't make "treaty of versailles" per se a suitable point. loans: plus side, well, created jobs by creating facilities, such as apartments, etc.... negative side: when the depression hit, all the money had to be paid back, which was bad for everyone. umm... also, maybe talk about the young plan and Dawes plan?

Quick Reply

Latest