Restrictive convenant

Watch this thread
Liv593
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
HiI have a question about restrictive covenant.I'm first year so this will be easy for some,I've read online sections however just want it simplified.Jaspreet creates a Restrictive Convenant that the land he sells can only be used for residential purposes.Jaspreet sells the land to Monica.She then decides to sell the house to Givani.Question is Can the benefit pass if Jaspreet sells the land? Suppose: Jaspreet sells the land to Givani after she has made the covenant with Monica/ Can Givani bring an action against Monica is she breaks the covenant? Should Givani be able to do thisExpress Annexation under S78(1) of the Law of Property Act 1925 that the covenant is presumed to have been intended to run with the land. Can anyone advise simply as I have information however confused.
Lawschoolhack
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
Yes - the benefit can pass to Jaspreet if J sells the dominant land.

Then I get confused. I'm assuming that G is buying (or has bought) the servient land from M.

If J sells the dominant land to G (who is now also the owner of the servient land ); the covenant comes to an end.

However, I suspect that this is not what you mean. Can you make the facts a little clearer?
~
Lawschoolhack
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Hello?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (113)
68.07%
No (34)
20.48%
I didn't use it to prepare (19)
11.45%

Watched Threads