The Student Room Group

Music to make you feel like an action hero (Gameplay)

Oops, looks like TWO episodes of Gameplay came out on New Year's Day, and I missed this one. :ahee: Last week's other episode of Gameplay was once again about that heroic feeling!

Baby Queen chose an action-packed playlist to turn us into action stars, featuring tracks from Outer Worlds, Mass Effect 3 and League of Legends.

Listen to this episode here (still available for 24 days from the date of this post)

Which gaming soundtracks make you feel like an action hero?

Though I posted most of my best suggestions back in episode 1's thread, I did make one glaring omission: The Longest Journey is one of my all-time favourite games, and it has a fantastic soundtrack to go with it. Marcura & The Northlands is a suitably grand BGM for one of gaming's greatest protagonists, April Ryan!

Share your own game music picks for this theme below, along with your thoughts on this episode if you've given it a listen! Did this playlist heroically triumph, or did inspiration and courage win the week? :holmes: (I'm afraid you'll have to wait until tomorrow for my thoughts, as I logged in to listen to the other one). :laugh:

[video="youtube;eVYvCbIcRVE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVYvCbIcRVE[/video]
(edited 2 years ago)
Hero we go again. :awesome: Thoughts on this episode to follow in about an hour.
Axiom Verge 2 - Ancient Armaments: Nice fantasy world-sounding BGM, similar vibes to the track I chose for this thread's OP.

Horizon Zero Dawn: Forbidden West - Promise of the West: I often comment on how new some of the games in these playlists are, but this game isn't even released until February! :laugh: Clearly the sound track is already out there. Another grand, immersive track.

The Outer Worlds - Hope (Title Theme): This one started off a bit pensive / cautious sounding, but soon grew to the same level as the first two.

Death Stranding - A Final Waltz: Notably more chilling than the other themes so far, though I guess heroes go through bad times as well!

Dead Cells - The Village: Oops, the tracklist indicator is out of sync again! Track is dark, moody, dramatic, good stuff. :yy:

Battlefield 2 - Theme: Certainly sounds more 'military' than the others so far.

Immortals Fenyx Rising - Dianoia: Orchestral, magical. Heroic, not so much. :hmmmm2:

Night in the Woods - Possum Springs: About as heroic as you'd expect from a track called 'possum springs'. :laugh: [EDIT] Fair play, according to Baby Queen, this is supposed to represent the hero's break time. :p:

League of Legends - Demacia Rising: And back to the dramatic battle music. Don't have much to say about this, sounds similar to a lot of the earlier tracks.

Enslaved - A Hero's Journey: :ditto:

Mass Effect 3 - Citadel Underbelly: The tracklist indicator is finally accurate again! A bit more techno, some welcome variation from the (admittedly very good) orchestral pieces.

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime - Forever Space Love: Also more electronic / sci-fi than the earlier fantasy tracks, but more relaxing than Citadel Underbelly.

Knockout City - Boogie Street Brawl: And ending on something more jazzy! Apparently this is a dodgeball game, so more for sporting heroes, I guess!
I need always my time to think about the matched soundtracks, but here are two again.

That is the Mega Man 11 stage select OST and oh boy, this combo of Rock and Metal is so stimulative! perfect for being an action hero!

Mystic Quest, Hill of Fate! listening to this song, I am full of adrenaline and become a strong and couragous hero surrounded by one menace after another.

@AngryJellyfishsh enjoy!
Original post by Kallisto
I need always my time to think about the matched soundtracks, but here are two again.

That is the Mega Man 11 stage select OST and oh boy, this combo of Rock and Metal is so stimulative! perfect for being an action hero!

Mystic Quest, Hill of Fate! listening to this song, I am full of adrenaline and become a strong and couragous hero surrounded by one menace after another.

@AngryJellyfishsh enjoy!

Ah yes, those are really fast-paced and energetic, great suggestions as always. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest